JRob on 104.5

Jamalisms

This is a really solid interview regarding what he was looking for when hiring a coach, the types of things they discussed, why the slow coaching search is fine with him, how much he's involved in interviews of coaches.

I'll share the link when they podcast it but, for me, it's a bit of a window into his thought process and I found myself enjoying it more than most.

Update:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bettcher was not yet available when Vrabel was hired, it sounds like a lot of people were surprised he became available. But that does not fit in to all the conspiracy theories about how Vrabels

Jon Robinson on @Midday180: Vrabel hiring staff is much like free agency. Some teams jump out. But the more investigate the process, the better. He wants to get the right staff in place, spend time with guys, get a good feel for them, know loyal to the cause. #Titans

23 minutes ago, Cam. said:

It's obvious he was counting on Day and it threw a wrench in his plans. Don't think he put too much emphasis on the DC because he's probably betting on himself..

He sounded a little shaken with Day turning him down?

12 minutes ago, Cam. said:

Not shaken per say but he mentioned not panicking when things don't initially go your way..

Gasp! Dare I say, he may have even been a little disappointed that this happened?!

39 minutes ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

Take.  Your.  Time.

Get.  It.  Right.

Didn't they pretty quickly go for Day and Bettcher?  

What they said they were going to do doesn't align with the actions they've taken. 

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Gasp! Dare I say, he may have even been a little disappointed that this happened?!

All according to plan.  They knew Day and Bettcher didn't want the gig and now they can perform a proper, slow, search for the right people.  

See?  It all makes sense.  

Edited by Rogue