Schefter: Possible Titans OC - Ryan Day, Ohio State OC

Jamalisms

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the reaction because everyone is like:   "We wanted innovation ... but like ... innovation that's guaranteed to work ..."   LOL. 

I love this forum . Everyone screams for new young coaching and innovative spread concepts. Titans might hire a young college Oc proficient in those concepts and the forum freaks out because he’s not

PK paid members must be fuming mad.  

Posted Images

Geno Smith had 2 seasons on a trainwreck offensive team with the worst supporting cast I've ever seen in my life. I've seen him play live a bunch, he's talented.  

Theres a reason the Giants wanted to see him play his year.

Geno seems like a "realistic" backup QB option. I'd love to get someone else but I don't think Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater are realistic options. I'd take them over Smith (assuming TB's medicals checkout). I think they'd go somewhere there's more of a chance they could actually start.

10 minutes ago, Face said:

Geno Smith had 2 seasons on a trainwreck offensive team with the worst supporting cast I've ever seen in my life. I've seen him play live a bunch, he's talented.  

Theres a reason the Giants wanted to see him play his year.

The guy is a sub 60% thrower with zero upside.  Everyone in the NFL is talented but Geno just ain't that good.  

I should revise this to reflect that most of the QBs on the market who are better than him will likely get a starting gig.  He's definitely not the guy I would pick to be my backup but out of the guys who are available, you could certainly do worse.

Edited by Justafan

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd like to see the real plan concerning the offensive design before getting worked up 

The issue I have is regardless of what's best for Mariota there is complimentary football in order to win long term. You need an aspect of ball control and running the ball down hill. I'll be against an all out spread all shotgun hurry up style

I think one of the main reasons Mularkey is gone is because there was too much exotic in the exotic smashmouth. Jasksonville had the perfect mix of pass, run and play action for 3 quarters. Kept NE off balance.

6 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The guy is a sub 60% thrower with zero upside.  Everyone in the NFL is talented but Geno just ain't that good.  

I should revise this to reflect that most of the QBs on the market who are better than him will likely get a starting gig.  He's definitely not the guy I would pick to be my backup but out of the guys who are available, you could certainly do worse.

I understand. But I also (unfortunately) go to a lot of Jets game & saw him play live, and what he had to deal with in terms of supporting cast, and the numbers don't tell the whole story. 

I think he's a talented guy. I certainly wouldn't turn my team over to him as a starter, mind you, but as a backup we could definitely do worse.

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

yup, concerns all over the place. I guess this is what we get for wanting Mularkey and friends fired.

I was for hiring coordinators and keeping Mularkey but in retrospect you have to cut the head off of  a snake to kill it. Having said that, with a raw HC with no experience, I'm worried about hiring college guys for major positions. That will make the transition a much longer one in terms of immediate successful results.