Continuity Hire

code

Don't know much about Vrabel other than he comes from the physical , kick em in the butt style guide that Mularkey preached.

Robinson has talent on board to fit that style. From that perspective, this is a continuity hire.

The effectiveness of this one will be about the offensive staff he is able to put together. 

I love that we haven't gone retread. 

Let's see how much deeper we reach into the Patriots system with additional staff hires.

Just now, code said:

Thanks oldschool for the vote of confidence. I think you see the roster continuity issue. But at least you haven't deemed me rural PA trash (yet).

haha. Simple Jake is in his own class and has no one to blame but himself. As for the whole continuity thing, you can't call this a continuity hire for the simple fact Vrabel is from outside the organization. Its simply Jrob going out and getting the guy he feels aligns with what he wants to build in Nashville. 

Not really a debate.  Pretty much see it the same way.

My point is that our mantra for the past few years has been tough & physical and from that sense this is not a change

Which suggests that players on the roster that fit that mold will still fit the new staffs needs.

Move makes all the sense in the world ... wholly dependent on offensive coordinator, QB coach and scheme.

55 minutes ago, oldschool said:

haha. Simple Jake is in his own class and has no one to blame but himself. As for the whole continuity thing, you can't call this a continuity hire for the simple fact Vrabel is from outside the organization. Its simply Jrob going out and getting the guy he feels aligns with what he wants to build in Nashville. 

Would that be the "Patriots South"?

The continuity is that team is still trying to develop Mariota.  Everything about the team for the next year or two centers on that. If Mariota develops into a good, consistent QB, then the team is likely doing well which means people will opine that Vrabel is doing well. If Mariota does not develop than that likely means the team is not doing well in which case the team is probably looking for a new QB and a new head coach and perhaps a new GM (complete house cleaning.)

For whatever reason the team wanted to fire Murlarkey (seems it would have been easier to just change coordinators and assistants to get same situation as Vrabel offers), Vrabel makes sense in the up-in-the-air next two years. 

1 hour ago, code said:

Not really a debate.  Pretty much see it the same way.

My point is that our mantra for the past few years has been tough & physical and from that sense this is not a change

Which suggests that players on the roster that fit that mold will still fit the new staffs needs.

Move makes all the sense in the world ... wholly dependent on offensive coordinator, QB coach and scheme.

Isn’t every teams “mantra” being tough and ohysical

2 hours ago, code said:

Don't know much about Vrabel other than he comes from the physical , kick em in the butt style guide that Mularkey preached.

Robinson has talent on board to fit that style. From that perspective, this is a continuity hire.

The effectiveness of this one will be about the offensive staff he is able to put together. 

I love that we haven't gone retread. 

Let's see how much deeper we reach into the Patriots system with additional staff hires.

Disagree.  Vrabel has seen how Pitt did it (Mularkey style) and Belicheck did it.  He is a blend of both and because of his own development as a player realizes match scheme to talents is more important than talent to scheme dogma which is why Mularkey got canned.  Amazing how myopic some are.  

Normally when there’s a coaching change, there’s a massive roster overhaul. Coach needs players to fit their system.  I wonder if that will be the case this offseason?  Especially since JRob is still in place.

Would no surprise me to see a few former Texans players on our roster next season.

Archived