Vrabel named Titans HC

socaltitan

Whats with this "Leader of Men" blah blah...Sounds like Mularkey and Munchak

I don't care if our new Head Coach was a transgender Kaitlyn Jenner .....as long as he/she knew what she was doing and provided wins...."Leader of Men" can only win in the locker room

ughhh

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. Only interviewed 3. Vrabel must have been the guy all along.    Lets see who he picks as coordinators.

One of the funniest tweets from Vrabel's Houston days.    

@tgo  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

With Vrabel, immediate changes I expect on defense are to finally target a true 3-4 space-eating NT and impact ILB(s). Those positions have been emphasized in Houston's version of the 3-4 base, vs our version. 

ILB was a massive need regardless of who the new coach was, now we now its Vrabel you can guarantee we will be upgrading that position this offseason.

21 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Of course there was a process, but it was heavily influenced by JRob's prior relationships rather than an honest, open search. Unlike Amy though, he's in football circles and knows many of the guys already. So as I said, we have to trust he knows what he's doing and his instincts on Vrabel are correct. 

Me personally though, even if I had someone I really liked/knew personally and was hiring for a job, I'd still interview from a wide pool of others to ensure I was making the best decision, regardless of what had been done on the back channel. We pretty much interviewed Vrabel, a candidate for the Rooney Rule, and an OC who many said wasn't ready and doesn't even call plays.

We could've waited one more day to interview from 2 other teams that lose tomorrow. Vrabel wasn't up for any other HC jobs.

Interviews are nothing but illusions. They don't tell you anything. The best hires are people you know, worked with before or your colleagues vouch for. I have no doubt he had a listed and vetted that list in a variety of ways. 

The public interviews are a facade

9 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

With Vrabel, immediate changes I expect on defense are to finally target a true 3-4 space-eating NT and impact ILB(s). Those positions have been emphasized in Houston's version of the 3-4 base, vs our version. 

I actually think this increases the chances of Avery resigning which will cause mixed reactions. Thinking about NE/HOU though they've usually had bigger LB. They've usually had a guy who was more of a run stopper, whether's that Ted Johnson, McKinney, etc

Wonder if we'd try DaQuan at NT. Previous staff didn't really see him that way, but then you make him the space eater and it allows Austin Johnson to start opposite Casey.

Edited by socaltitan

10 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I actually think this increases the chances of Avery resigning which will cause mixed reactions. Thinking about NE/HOU though they've usually had bigger LB. They've usually had a guy who was more of a run stopper, whether's that Ted Johnson, McKinney, etc

Wonder if we'd move DaQuan to NT. Previous staff didn't see him that way, but then you make him the space eater and it allows Austin Johnson to start opposite Casey.

I anticipate a whole lot of roster turnover on the defensive side. Vrabel is extremely demanding and critical and he has no personal connection to these guys. I'm sure JRob will agree on plenty of personnel changes. 

I would be concerned if my name isn't Casey, Jackson, Ryan, or Byard.

Edited by kgsTitan

12 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

Interviews are nothing but illusions. They don't tell you anything. The best hires are people you know, worked with before or your colleagues vouch for. I have no doubt he had a listed and vetted that list in a variety of ways. 

The public interviews are a facade

Pretty much.  I have little doubt JRob knew who he wanted.  Just the fact that it was almost a given he could've gotten McDaniels in here tells me he knew who his guy was.  

Some may view it as a poor process, but it seems to me JRob wouldn't just make a decision off the cuff regarding a coaching change.  This has been well thought out.  

JRob is banking on Vrabel and Marcus for his career success.  He's all in and no way he's taken it lightly. 

25 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Now maybe JRob puts money into signing big time free agents to give His coach chance to win. 

Well, there is a certain bar for a playoff birth next year, which puts some pressure on Vrabel and JRob.  So there is that fact that might encourage JRob to be more liberal with money. 

However, JRob is trying to build a long term, stable organization.  He's going to spend the money on the core of the team, but he's not going to blow money short term that straps the cap and theatens the core.  That's the way I see it, anyways. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic