Just how bad a coach Fisher is was exposed this year.

Bongo59

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Case Kenum has shown up huge.  Nick Foles has shown up huge.  Sam Bradford played for the Viking well before being injured and now he is back healthy and then Jared Goff went from being looked at as t

Sentimentally, I love Fisher. Like McNair, George, Rolle, Mason, etc, he IS the Titans to me. However, there is no way to disagree with this statement. 

This is exactly why we need to go after a younger, innovative coach. 

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Sentimentally, I love Fisher. Like McNair, George, Rolle, Mason, etc, he IS the Titans to me. However, there is no way to disagree with this statement. 

As a defensive minded HC, he should have stayed the hell away from picking an OC. Only Heimerdinger was ever a good one.

Edited by pamo9

Goff was hardly a Fisher thing. He was a rookie who everyone said was never going to be NFL ready to play right away. And Bradford is an injury machine.

Plus the Rams added a TON of starters on offenseduring this last offseason that Fisher didn’t have. Their top 3WRs and 2 new starting OL were added post-Fisher.

But Fisher isn’t getting any more coaching jobs...

19 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Goff was hardly a Fisher thing. He was a rookie who everyone said was never going to be NFL ready to play right away. And Bradford is an injury machine.

Plus the Rams added a TON of starters on offenseduring this last offseason that Fisher didn’t have. Their top 3WRs and 2 new starting OL were added post-Fisher.

Goff wasn't the problem the first 9 games of the season though.  Keenum was the starting QB.  Goff only started playing as a rookie after Fisher couldn't get anything out of Keenum and Todd Gurley.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Goff might very well have just stunk because, "rookie", but I think he also suffered from the same thing that Foles, Keenum, and even Gurley to some degree suffered from: an absolutely horrible O Line that gave no QB time in the pocket. I think shoring up the O Line was a huge factor in turning the Rams around. It's not like Gurley went from good, to bad, and then good again. Their line was really bad for a season or two.

Don't get me wrong, I really do agree that Fisher was mailing it in with the Rams, but I agree that there were other factors at play.

2 hours ago, pamo9 said:

As a defensive minded HC, he should have stayed the hell away from picking an OC. Only Heimerdinger was ever a good one.

I always thought he could be a good HC if he would get decent coordinators.  He was a good front man or face for the org.  If he could have just let go of Fisher ball.

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

It is why I posted it.  This years playoffs show good coaching trumps avg QB play.  You dont need a stud QB to win.  You need a great D and a decent coaching.  

Maybe not, but when you have a stud QB you should make an even more concerted effort to find good coaching, which is what JRob is in the process of doing.

Fisher will always hold a sentimental place in my mind because this franchise's most successful run came with him running things. You can criticize his abilities as a coach all day, deserving as it may be, but you can't take that away from him.

But the NFL passed him by when he was still the Titans coach so by all measures it's definitely well beyond him at this point. Why he doesn't try to get some kind of job in the media as a talking head or even a job in the league front office is beyond me. Seems like the perfect gig for him.

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Bilichick and Zimmer are two of the oldest coaches currently in the league.

And both will more than likely be in the SB.

Out of the last 6 SB winning HCs, all were at least 50+.

The young, innovative coaches might seem like the sexy pick, but the older ones are the ones getting it done.

BB took over the Patriots, what in 2000? He would have been in his 40s then. Pete Carroll, Bill B, those coaches aren't out there. I'm not against older coaches, I just don't feel like there is an older coach with their capabilities. What I don't want is for us to waste Mariota and his ability to develop into a franchise QB. 

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Exactly, and if not for Fisher VY would still be playing in the NFL.  :)

Fisher being shit was not mutually exclusive to Vy being shit.  The most frustrating part of that shit era was watching fans take up sides of VY v. Fisher, when in reality, both were trash and should have been shown the door far sooner.