JR plans to be aggressive- My take

kyle021

I don't understand why so many people here keep bringing up WR. We have plenty.  If you want to talk about another pass catcher talk about a scat back or maybe a TE, especially since our promising rookie likely tore his ACL in our last game.

If we can't keep Marcus upright, or defend the short passes, we'll see the same results as this year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Corey Davis Rishard Matthews Eric Decker  (maybe, if they bring him back) Taywan Taylor Tajae Sharpe   Decker or not, the top end of the receiving corps is pretty much se

I don't understand why so many people here keep bringing up WR. We have plenty.  If you want to talk about another pass catcher talk about a scat back or maybe a TE, especially since our promising roo

Flip is the guy. I want him 10x over reich.

1 hour ago, Stan17 said:

I don't understand why so many people here keep bringing up WR. We have plenty.  If you want to talk about another pass catcher talk about a scat back or maybe a TE, especially since our promising rookie likely tore his ACL in our last game.

If we can't keep Marcus upright, or defend the short passes, we'll see the same results as this year.

Jonno only tore MCL back for OTA's

6 hours ago, Nash said:

so should we just consider Smith and Walker big WR's?

I would.  Smith especially.  With his speed and size he could be devastating from the slot.  Either can clear out the middle for other routes.

It's funny, and most people probably don't realize it, but Smith and Henry are practically clones, from a physical dimension standpoint.

Henry's a little faster but I think Smith is a little quicker.

Corey Davis

Rishard Matthews

Eric Decker  (maybe, if they bring him back)

Taywan Taylor

Tajae Sharpe

Decker or not, the top end of the receiving corps is pretty much set. If we bring in a receiver it will be to round out depth. And depending on who the coach is we may need to (hopefully) make room for a pass catching running back.

Between the receivers we already have, Delanie and Jonnu both possibly getting more work, and adding a pass catching running back to the mix we probably have all the receiving options we'll need. There are many other areas on the team that actually need help. The defensive front 7 being the most glaring. Also need to replace Cyprien, imo. Dude is a dud.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Corey Davis

Rishard Matthews

Eric Decker  (maybe, if they bring him back)

Taywan Taylor

Tajae Sharpe

Decker or not, the top end of the receiving corps is pretty much set. If we bring in a receiver it will be to round out depth. And depending on who the coach is we may need to (hopefully) make room for a pass catching running back.

Between the receivers we already have, Delanie and Jonnu both possibly getting more work, and adding a pass catching running back to the mix we probably have all the receiving options we'll need. There are many other areas on the team that actually need help. The defensive front 7 being the most glaring. Also need to replace Cyprien, imo. Dude is a dud.

Yeah strong safety is a huge need imo

About the only good thing Cyp did this year was knock out Kelce. 

2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I would.  Smith especially.  With his speed and size he could be devastating from the slot.  Either can clear out the middle for other routes.

It's funny, and most people probably don't realize it, but Smith and Henry are practically clones, from a physical dimension standpoint.

Henry's a little faster but I think Smith is a little quicker.

Smith is where I believe JROB and Mularkey went off the rails.  I think JROB imagined a Gronk Hernandez light with Walker and Smith.  Mularkey saw an additional tackle.

7 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

Smith is where I believe JROB and Mularkey went off the rails.  I think JROB imagined a Gronk Hernandez light with Walker and Smith.  Mularkey saw an additional tackle.

Yep.  Let's cut a real FB and line out TE's up in the backfield as lead blockers.  Ask them to do something they are not really good at.

33 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Yep.  Let's cut a real FB and line out TE's up in the backfield as lead blockers.  Ask them to do something they are not really good at.

Mularkey wasn't using Nudie.  He was healthy yet inactive for like 3-4 games.

Not that I'm defending cutting him, I'm not.  It was dumb IYAM.

But he must have done something to piss Mularkey off.

You know, like speak his mind.