Coordinator Candidates

charleytolar

LeBeau stays. 13th in yards, 5th in sacks, fewest plays of 20+ yards, has great support from players, and the only coach in the NFL who is as highly regarded as BB. 

I think they bring in an offensive guy and stick to LeBeau. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of Norv Turner, I really don’t understand that hire in Carolina.    I like Norv and I think he’s a good OC but Cam is a terrible fit for him. 

This all day. We need someone who is savy and who can adapt. Someone who will change with the league and continually stay one step ahead of the game. These guys stuck in the late 90s early 00s should

No too all those guys.

6 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

LeBeau stays. 13th in yards, 5th in sacks, fewest plays of 20+ yards, has great support from players, and the only coach in the NFL who is as highly regarded as BB. 

I think they bring in an offensive guy and stick to LeBeau. 

Fewest 20+ plays, but allows teams to dink and dunk all over us right to the endzone.  Gives up the most yards receiving yards to runningbacks.  All the good QB's and coordinators have figured out his outdated scheme.

7 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Having said that, I hope we don't go with Norv Turner like retreads.

This all day. We need someone who is savy and who can adapt. Someone who will change with the league and continually stay one step ahead of the game. These guys stuck in the late 90s early 00s should be left on ignore. 

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

This thread might be a little ahead of itself. Who the head coach winds up being will determine more which direction we go with the coordinators.

Having said that, I hope we don't go with Norv Turner like retreads.

Not really. A lot of our candidates are young coaches without a deep reach into the assistants rank. If some other teams nab McDaniels and Patricia and we opt for Vrabel, the well may be dry of the best connections. Young head coaches might prefer more experienced OCs-- especially on the other side of the ball.

I'm leaning NOW DeFillipo for the sake of having good consistency for the balance of Marcus' career. I don't want him here as OC for a year or two and then gone. Make him The Man. A more experienced DC might be just the thing he craves. BTW, do we have any candidates on staff besides DLB mentioned for that job?

Mike McCoy is out there. He has experience as an OC and still young (45). I don't see him getting another HC gig anytime soon. Not my preference, but if you're looking for someone who's not too old, but also not a guy who could be jumping for another HC gig in a year or two from now, he fits from that standpoint.

Edited by socaltitan

34 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Fewest 20+ plays, but allows teams to dink and dunk all over us right to the endzone.  Gives up the most yards receiving yards to runningbacks.  All the good QB's and coordinators have figured out his outdated scheme.

If it was another coordinator our defense would be 25th at best. The defense has been largely ignored and there isn't a huge amount of talent. The defense has improved since LeBeau took over from Horton. The only way LeBeau leaves is if he doesn't fit with the new HC. There wont be an HC that comes in here and demands LeBeau be replaced. 

5 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

If it was another coordinator our defense would be 25th at best. The defense has been largely ignored and there isn't a huge amount of talent. The defense has improved since LeBeau took over from Horton. The only way LeBeau leaves is if he doesn't fit with the new HC. There wont be an HC that comes in here and demands LeBeau be replaced. 

Is it the coordinator or the players, some notable 2015 starters and their 2017 upgrade: Perrish Cox (A. Jackson), Jason McCourty (Logan Ryan), Michael Griffin (Kevin Byard), Zack Brown (Woodyard/J. Brown), Sammie Hill (Johnson/Williams), 

25 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Mike McCoy is out there. He has experience as an OC and still young (45). I don't see him getting another HC gig anytime soon. Not my preference, but if you're looking for someone who's not too old, but also not a guy who could be jumping for another HC gig in a year or two from now, he fits from that standpoint.

He’s likely to join McDaniels in Indy. 

3 hours ago, Tomachek said:

Is it the coordinator or the players, some notable 2015 starters and their 2017 upgrade: Perrish Cox (A. Jackson), Jason McCourty (Logan Ryan), Michael Griffin (Kevin Byard), Zack Brown (Woodyard/J. Brown), Sammie Hill (Johnson/Williams), 

Obviously you don't know what an upgrade is, nor do you know who our starters were, nor do you even know what position half of them play. Only 2 of the people you mentioned are an upgrade and Hill wasn't even our starter. It was Al Woods. Zach Brown doesn't even play the same position as Woodyard, not to mention Woodyard was a starter in 2015 and 2017. McCourty only played in 4 games in 2015. The starters were Cox and Sensabaugh. And no Logan Ryan is not an upgrade over McCourty unless age is the only criteria for an upgrade. 

So considering your lack of knowledge about the team in general, id say you don't have any clue about what you are saying. 

7 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

Obviously you don't know what an upgrade is, nor do you know who our starters were, nor do you even know what position half of them play. Only 2 of the people you mentioned are an upgrade and Hill wasn't even our starter. It was Al Woods. Zach Brown doesn't even play the same position as Woodyard, not to mention Woodyard was a starter in 2015 and 2017. McCourty only played in 4 games in 2015. The starters were Cox and Sensabaugh. And no Logan Ryan is not an upgrade over McCourty unless age is the only criteria for an upgrade. 

So considering your lack of knowledge about the team in general, id say you don't have any clue about what you are saying. 

Oh boy you caught me, wasnt naming every single player that took snap that year on the defense due to injuries. Hill played 18% of the snaps, Al Woods played 33% neither were full time starters both were only rotational guys. Woodyard although on the team had an even split in snap with Zack Brown just shy of 50% each, compared to Woodyard playing 93% of the snaps in 2017. But yeah defense would be so much better if we still had Sensabaugh, McCourty, Woods, Z. Brown , etc. :4_joy:

The variables and possibilities are higher than a midseason mock for fun by Kyle. 

Let's update this once we actually get a coach lol

OR play the...if this coach = this coordinator. The odds are it's gonna be Big V

Edited by SleepingTitan