Titans Head Coaching Candidates (Confirmed Interviews: Vrabel, Wilks, LaFleur...)

Jonboy

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope we interview DeFillipo. Everything I’ve read or watched on that guy has been incredibly impressive. 

Can I have him? Please, can I? You'll never have to walk him, I swear!      

Since the day he was hired.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Just reading message boards you mean or? 

Interesting take. 

its not just the fan sites, every time there is an article posted about Vrabel the Texans fans pop in commenting on how much they want us to take him.

its the opposite for Wilks, the Panthers fans absolutely love him.

once again this should not form any basis for JRob's decision, but I would be extremely nervous appointing a 1yr DC that led the worst scoring defense in the NFL.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

We've had Oilers/Titans rejects as coaches for years. Then it was Steelers-lite. I'm fearing turning into Patriots-lite. The track record of guys coming from that BB umbrella is pitiful. They try to emulate NE, problem is there's no Brady and BB.

Maybe Vrabel will be good, but there are a lot of reasons to question that. Personally, I'd rather see a more radical change than just becoming Patriots-lite which is what I'm fearing if we have JR, Vrabel, etc. I don't have a lead dog in the race, but whether's that Wilks, DeFilippo, or someone else I'd prefer to go that route.

Supposedly Vrabel is a red-faced screamer. I guess it worked for guys like Cowher and Gruden. But I also remember how embarrassing Mike Singletary was and fear a similar outcome for Vrabel if it goes south.

Edited by socaltitan

2 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Supposedly Vrabel is a red-faced screamer. There have been guys like Cowher and Gruden. But part of me also remembers how bad Mike Singletary was and fears a similar outcome for Vrabel if it goes south.

this approach won't work in the modern NFL, once a coach loses the locker room things fall apart very quickly, you simply can't scream louder when things aren't working, that fixes absolutely nothing.

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Compare it to this interview with DeFilippo. He says "What drives me is fear of failure. I wake up everyday thinking that somebody is outworking me. Outscheming me. That drives me." 

I want this guy developing Mariota, if it means he gets hired for a HC gig one year early, so be it, get an experienced head at DC and assistant HC/OC to help him grow into the HC job.

20 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah that’s fine when you spend 100 mil a year on defense and have pro bowlers at every spot. 

Patriots out scheme people with smart (albeit less talented) and versatile players.

You can make it work either way as long as the coaching staff and FO are aligned. 

The Patroits can do that because they play with a lead most of the time and have Bill and Brady. I agree with your premise but the Pats are outliner.

For the most part NFL teams don't "outscheme" each other. The team with the best players wins. Did GB forget how to "outscheme" people when Rodgers was hurt? Check out the Cardinal offense without Palmer, the great Eagle offense that supposedly outschemed everyone tanked after Wentz went down. 

Don't get caught up by a bunch retards posting on a message board acting as if they know the first thing about Xs and Os or game planning against opponents. 

image.png.b92b2aa518a5e1a1ebb74386626c93b7.png

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

For the most part NFL teams don't "outscheme" each other. The team with the best players wins. Did GB forget how to "outscheme" people when Rodgers was hurt? Check out the Cardinal offense without Palmer, the great Eagle offense that supposedly outschemed everyone tanked after Wentz went down. 

Don't get caught up by a bunch retards posting on a message board acting as if they know the first thing about Xs and Os or game planning against opponents. 

image.png.b92b2aa518a5e1a1ebb74386626c93b7.png

Out of curiosity, who are you hoping the Titans hire?