Titans to interview Rams OC Matt LaFleur for HC job.

heyitsmeallen

11 minutes ago, tgo said:

I like him but apparently he’s weak against the run. I prefer Hubbard at this point over Landry just from the limited scouting reports I’ve read. 

I always though Klug's ideal position is a 4-3 LE that kicks inside on passing downs. He's a very underrated run player. I really think he should be a full time player, and a guy like Landry would be perfect to play edge on 3rd downs.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already feels like this is going to be a very thorough search. 

I like that we are talking to everyone and not waiting for Josh McDaniels

LaFleur looks like a nervous wreck speaking to a group. He needs a few more years in the oven. Would be a great playcaller though. Flip has the IT factor.  I think he's ready now. 

Posted Images

It sounds like  LaFleur probably isn't a serious candidate for HC at this point... but I could certainly see him being interested in a lateral move for an opportunity to take over playcalling.  It would be the next logical (and probably necessary) step in advancing his career.

13 minutes ago, Face said:

I always though Klug's ideal position is a 4-3 LE that kicks inside on passing downs. He's a very underrated run player. I really think he should be a full time player, and a guy like Landry would be perfect to play edge on 3rd downs.

Klug’s single best usage imo would be as a rotational inside pass rusher in a Schwartz-like defense. 

He doesn’t have the length or arm length to play outside in a 4-3 imo

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Was it a red flag for you that Mularkey never wanted to fire him?

I said on the podcast this week it was a red flag he’s always kept the carryover dc 

the best thing about the staff change was a new dc 

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

FWIW, Rams were 8th in rushing, 9th in attempts this season. 24th in pass attempts. It was not a pass heavy offense.

If we hire LaFleur, there's still going to be a commitment to the running game. Those Shanahan/Kubiak offenses will still run the ball

There’s nothing wrong with running the ball a lot, especially with a young QB. The problem we had was the manner in which we were running the ball. Using big sets to impose your will is an excellent way to demoralize a team, and when we match up well to go that route then by all means just run right over the bastards. 

Context matters though. They were 24th in pass attempts yet were number 1 in 11 personnel. Do you think they were using those WRs in condensed formations hoping they could block LBs and safeties? They spread teams apart and made them pick their poison. They had the sure handed Woods (Davis) and the speedster in Watkins (Taylor). They consistently kept these guys lined up wide to force defenses to choose how they would like to get their medicine. 

Plain and simple, the dichotomy that a running offense has to be a plodding one only comes from someone who doesn’t understand football. Next year when teams see how they used Gurley they will counter, and my bet would be that McVay has been setting up his counter to that since week 1. Either get beat by Gurley because the offense has a hat on a hat, or put your secondary in a spot to cover Woods and Watkins 1-1 with Gurley coming out of the backfield. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

But keep running the ball on 1st and second down with no success then try throw ball 3rd and long. We were so predictable. And when we did play action it was a two man route and they were long routes that took time to develop. But we done with that.

On 1/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, TitansWycheck89 said:

Regarding LeFleur-

Those close to the Rams feel he’s a year away from being a HC

Didnt call plays, but put together the gameplan

There’s belief that if the Titans hire Vrabel, that he will make a lateral hire and get LeFleur and let him call the plays.

It’s happening 

22 minutes ago, TitansWycheck89 said:

It’s happening 

Certainly seems like JRob was a calculated surgeon on this hire.  He targeted Vrabel as his guy probably for some time.  He brings in LeFleau under the guise of a head coaching interview, but proposes that he actually be the OC and have complete control over that side of the ball.  Then brings in Wilks for the Rooney rule.  Quick, clean and precise.

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Certainly seems like JRob was a calculated surgeon on this hire.  He targeted Vrabel as his guy probably for some time.  He brings in LeFleau under the guise of a head coaching interview, but proposes that he actually be the OC and have complete control over that side of the ball.  Then brings in Wilks for the Rooney rule.  Quick, clean and precise.

Would be pretty great if that’s how it pans out. 

3 hours ago, japan said:

This could be the new name for our style of play.  Goodbye Exotic Smash Mouth... Hello LeFleau.  The combination of LeFleur/LeBeau = LeFleau.  French translation = The Flow.  Offense and Defense flowing together into one kick ass unit.  :blink::ph34r:  Ok, maybe not...

• 2 weeks later...