FiveThirtyEight: Brady's 2017 Looks Like Manning's 2014

Jonboy

Interesting stuff here. I particularly enjoyed this bit:

Manning’s 2014 season ended with a home loss in the divisional round because of his poor play against an inexperienced playoff team with a third-year quarterback (Indianapolis’s Andrew Luck). Coincidently on Saturday, the Patriots will also take the field as a significant favorite at home against an inexperienced playoff team with a third-year quarterback (Tennessee’s Marcus Mariota).

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-tom-brady-finally-getting-old/

Tom, you can have it back next year...pinky swear. It's just one game, after all.

Beside,  what would you rather do for the next 3–4 weeks:   Spend countless hours  watching film, practicing, and dealing with the media, and getting beaten up on Sundays?   Or relaxing at one of your many homes and spending quality time with your kids and your supermodel wife?  

Think of your family.  Do you really want to force them to spend two weeks in gray and dreary Minnesota in the dead of winter?

Plus,  think of how much more compelling next year's Titans/Patriots matchup would be after a loss this week.

If you'll look at the big picture, I think you'll agree it's just best for everyone involved to  let the Titans have this one .

5 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

That was interesting about Gronk being held to a 0/0/0 stat line in the Jets game.

Its looking more and more we will win. We just matchup so well with the Pats. Steelers will be who we are most likely to lose to.

I think they didn't want to risk him getting injured and didn't send him out on any routes where he was intended as the main receiver.  

Archived