Sign in to follow this  
Tormentedrose

Reasons to believe

Rogue   

Wow, thats a lot of words.  Only way we win is if the players get out there and will it.  Some Patriot miscues wouldn't hurt, and that'll be the excuse.  

Adams   

I’m sorry, but I’m not expecting to see a dramatic change with the game plan we saw in our first 17 games.  I hope I’m wrong.

54 minutes ago, Adams said:

I’m sorry, but I’m not expecting to see a dramatic change with the game plan we saw in our first 17 games.  I hope I’m wrong.

Hope you're wrong, too.  I have the same fear.  Mularkey can be stubborn, but he also knows this is the biggest moment of his lifetime career.  If smart and able to bury some ego, he will turn over the offense to Marcus a la KC 2nd half.

pro

Justafan   

Whatever it takes.  You could see last week just how badly the boys want it.  You know the coaches are putting together the gameplan of their lives.  Everyone is all in. 

OILERMAN   

Brady and the Pats have a history of throwing the ball well in bad weather 

Justafan   
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Yea, screw the weather.  We don't beat them off some flukey stuff like that.  The thing that makes them so good is they just don't make mistakes like that.  They will adjust and be prepared for the weather.

It's all about pressure.  Orakpo, Morgan, Casey, Klug, Walden, Johnson, Williams all have to be outstanding.  If they do decide to bring some extra pressure, the outside CBs must hold up their end of the bargain.  Cyprien and Brown have to figure out a way to match up with Gronk.  Lewis has to be dealt with.  It's gonna be tough and the Patriots are going to get their yards but if you can hit Brady and force them to kick FG's instead of score TD's and then control the clock on the other side of the ball it is definitely a winnable game.  

My number one reason to believe is team chemistry. I don't know how the offense willed a win in the second half over KC, and I don't know how the defense willed a shutout in the second half. If the Titans beat the Patriots, it's because the team chemistry is as strong throughout the game as it was last Saturday. These guys are looking every bit like the Giants team that won the super bowl when they were the 6th seed. 

Will it happen, don't know, but if it does I bet it is because you see guys fired up on both sides of the ball believing in themselves. And if they do, we will all have to give the coaching staff their due.

Key will be marcus playing from the pocket..and can Henry hurt the pats D right up the middle.

I think Belicheat doesn't want Henry and Mariota getting outside so that will be their focus.  

Bad weather IMO doesn't help us at all.  I think it benefits the Pats if anything.

Soxcat   

This needs to be a smash mouth 200 yd game rushing the ball with Mariota and Henry. 

A good mix of passes into a less than stellar secondary and strong running game keeps the ball out of Brady's hands and gives us points or field position. 

Then we have to make them earn every point they get while converting ourselves in the red zone.   

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The stats of the 59-0 game are hilarious, Brady had like over 300 yards and 6TDs and Collins was something ridiculous like 1-12 for -7 yards and an int

10 hours ago, Ricky said:

We need to start out fast though. Can’t have slow start against these guys. 

This!

Can't play a stupid first half against the Pats. They won't fold like KC.

Keep it close and get it into the 4th and get some Mariota Magic.

Number9   

Good OP.  Somebody unexpected has to do something big.  Taywan, Jonnu or maybe Jayon has to do something special.  A new hero could appear and makes a game changing play.  I finally gave up on Davis, but he was running wide open for a TD last week.  He was amazingly open for a playoff game.  I just don't like the coach/staff anymore, but they called several great plays last week that got botched.