freakingeek

Pats RBs could pose problems for Titans D

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2018/01/guregian_patriots_pass_catching_backs_could_run_wild_against_titans?utm_campaign=bostonherald_trending_stories&utm_source=bostonherald&utm_medium=trending_stories

Our linebackers are going to be put to the test. Pats RBs have caught 118 passes for 857 yards. We were dead last in the league, giving up almost 1,000 passing yards to RBs. If we pay too much attention to Gronk, Brady is going to dump it off to White, Lewis of Burkhead, although Burkhead and White have been limited at practice due to injury this week, I expect they'll play. The Patriots can hurt you so many different ways, we are going to have to play our best on defense to have a chance. A special teams or defensive score would be huge for us. Maybe Brady will get the flu. 

Face   

Im more nervous about Dion Lewis than Gronk. Gronk is Gronk, he always kills it. But Dion Lewis is a great runner & receiver, he can kill us. Avery is a very good run player but I'm not sure he's the best fit in this game.

I expect the Pats to attack us with the short underneath stuff and lure us closer to the LOS and then try to catch us long with Gronk or Cooks. We have to collapse the pocket and do it with 4 guys.

ctm   

I posted about this earlier.  The Titans rank 32nd in the league covering RBs and 24th covering TEs.

Williamson and Cyprien can't cover.  

2 hours ago, ctm said:

I posted about this earlier.  The Titans rank 32nd in the league covering RBs and 24th covering TEs.

Williamson and Cyprien can't cover.  

I said it before the KC game. We need to play a ball control TOP game or it could look the the first half at KC. Pat's run D is their weakness. Hopefully we can match Jayon Brown up with Gronk.

Cyprien is the worst player on our defense. His only contribution was injuring Kelce and he was getting torched before that. The Pats will eat us alive with their RBs and TEs.

Definitely one of the myriad of reasons we are not being given a chance in this game.  Every single player on the field will have to play better than they have all year and some will have to play above their heads to actually pull this off.  Hey, it could happen.

OILERMAN   

I bet the Pats line up in base sets but spread the field with Lewis and Gronk. They can keep the Titans in their base. 

If I'm the Titans I might play 3 safeties or put Brown in the base defense over Williamson and dare them to run. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I bet the Pats line up in base sets but spread the field with Lewis and Gronk. They can keep the Titans in their base. 

If I'm the Titans I might play 3 safeties or put Brown in the base defense over Williamson and dare them to run. 

we can't afford to expose Williamson/Cyprien in coverage together on many snaps, will only be a matter of time until Brady exploits them.

OILERMAN   
Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

we can't afford to expose Williamson/Cyprien in coverage together on many snaps, will only be a matter of time until Brady exploits them.

I'd play Brown over Williamson, even in base sets. 

Cyprien should probably line up and press Gronk any time he's inline with help behind. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd play Brown over Williamson, even in base sets. 

Cyprien should probably line up and press Gronk any time he's inline with help behind. 

what the Steelers did to us at the start of our TNF matchup, is a blueprint for the rest of the NFL of how to rip us apart.

spread out wide/hurry up, we had no answer for it, we had so many communication problems as well.

ctm   
11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

what the Steelers did to us at the start of our TNF matchup, is a blueprint for the rest of the NFL of how to rip us apart.

spread out wide/hurry up, we had no answer for it, we had so many communication problems as well.

The other issue is that the team can't to play Byard in man coverage because we have no one to play single high in cover one.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

The other issue is that the team can't afford to single up Byard in coverage because we have no one to play single high in cover one.

yep, the second safety position is becoming an issue on this team.