Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Darrell Bevell?

Recommended Posts

Number9   

Double thread because I got redirected to an error code page.

 

Bevell has brought along a mobile QB and taught an offense how to be flexible.  Lot's of times you see Mariota looking, but it's noting there.  I think our receivers are staying on their routes, instead of changing after 4-5 seconds.  Plus, I would love to see him with an offensive line like ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
28 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Double thread because I got redirected to an error code page.

 

Bevell has brought along a mobile QB and taught an offense how to be flexible.  Lot's of times you see Mariota looking, but it's noting there.  I think our receivers are staying on their routes, instead of changing after 4-5 seconds.  Plus, I would love to see him with an offensive line like ours.

Yeah, let's implement a reckless broken offense like Seattle. And hire the retard who lost them the Superbowl with his play calling. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   
6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, let's implement a reckless broken offense like Seattle. And hire the retard who lost them the Superbowl with his play calling. 

I think Seattle's OL problems had more to do with the offense breaking down this year.  Wilson was considered by some to be having a MVP season.  Lastly, the HC usually will have huge input/call those last second GL plays.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   

My opinion about Bevell has to do with the similarities of the two teams now and where I see the Titans going.  This offense the Titans are running is not a SB team offense and it's not expanding in that direction.  It's too compact.  @tgo talks about the goal line pass that Seattle attempted.  Imagine if they had run the Silkymooch.  We were in the biggest game of Marcus' run, the Titans championship run and Robi calls a play like that, with the blessings of the HC.  Then to make it worse, the players are not practiced enough with it to even get the play off.

 

It's time to move into the 21st Century, at least the late 1990's.  Monday night, a BB clone won a national championship because he embraced change.  What he had was not going to make it, he knew he needed something new.  He didn't put Hurts feelings about winning a championship.  Hanging on to Mularkey, Robiskie offense is only going to get us this far.  Next year, we will be trying to get in the last week again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Highpockets84 said:

The guy didn’t hand it to Lynch at the 1. No thanks. 

 

25 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, let's implement a reckless broken offense like Seattle. And hire the retard who lost them the Superbowl with his play calling. 

How many SBs have Mularkey and Robiskie been in?  Won?

And how many times and how many ways do you need to be told Pete Carroll made the playcall for the pass?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467707/article/seahawks-pete-carroll-explains-illfated-call-in-super-bowl-xlix

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467556/article/pete-carroll-on-interception-thats-my-fault-totally

 

 

Besides, even if Bevell had made that call, Marcus has successfully completed that pass at least 3 times and has never had it picked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
12 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

 

How many SBs have Mularkey and Robiskie been in?  Won?

And how many times and how many ways do you need to be told Pete Carroll made the playcall for the pass?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467707/article/seahawks-pete-carroll-explains-illfated-call-in-super-bowl-xlix

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467556/article/pete-carroll-on-interception-thats-my-fault-totally

 

 

Besides, even if Bevell had made that call, Marcus has successfully completed that pass at least 3 times and has never had it picked.

What does hiring Darrell Bevell have to do with Mularkey or Robiskie winning Superbowls?

 

I don't recall mentioning either Robiskie or Mularkey, I just mentioned that I wouldn't want to hire Bevell. Never have been a fan. 

 

Have you previously "told me" about the Superbowl play call "many times and ways" or just being a dipshit?

 

I'm legitimately asking because I usually don't read your posts. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tgo said:

What does hiring Darrell Bevell have to do with Mularkey or Robiskie winning Superbowls?

 

I don't recall mentioning either Robiskie or Mularkey, I just mentioned that I wouldn't want to hire Bevell. Never have been a fan. 

Because he has been there.  He had a hand in building those teams and the offense attack they used.

 

But aside from that, can you explain why you're not interested in hiring a guy that helped put together the most successful offense involving a mobile QB since the turn of the century?

A guy that mixed the power run game with a passing attack suited to a scrambler?

That made it work with a borderline receiver room and very little at TE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
Just now, TitanDuckFan said:

Because he has been there.  He had a hand in building those teams and the offense attack they used.

 

But aside from that, can you explain why you're not interested in hiring a guy that helped put together the most successful offense involving a mobile QB since the turn of the century?

A guy that mixed the power run game with a passing attack suited to a scrambler?

That made it work with a borderline receiver room and very little at TE?

Yeah, because it probably wouldn't work out anyway because he'd have to run Mularkey's overall system.

 

I've just read throughout the years that he runs a pretty vanilla scheme and I didn't care for his work with the Vikings. And by the way, Tom Cable coordinates the run game. 

 

If Bevell were to become the OC I'd hop on board and be supportive, but he wouldn't be in my top 10 choices certainly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tgo said:

Have you previously "told me" about the Superbowl play call "many times and ways" or just being a dipshit?

 

I'm legitimately asking because I usually don't read your posts. 

It was plastered all over the media for two months after it happened.

Why should I need to tell you?

 

You've obviously made up your mind about a coach you apparently know very little about, if you think he made that call.

 

Ignorance isn't really bliss.  You've been lied to.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×