Tremaine Edmunds ILB/OLB Virginia Tech

AussieTitanFan08

another interesting prospect creating a bit of buzz, in the last 24hrs have seen Jeremiah/McShay/Kiper Jnr all raving about Tremaine Edmunds from Virginia Tech, he is a 6"5" 240lb ILB/OLB who is a destructive tackler.

if we are looking at moving on from Williamson or preparing for life after Woodyard, this is one kid to keep an eye on, could end up going somewhere in the 20-45 range.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

No way he lasts until #25.  He's a freak.

agree, he has been generating a lot of buzz over the last month, many now expect him to go before Roquan Smith.

Daniel Jeremiah has Edmunds as his 3rd best player in this entire draft.

he would of been the perfect pick for us this year.

I don't know what to make of this video. I'm not exactly a talent evaluator so I don't know what I'm supposed to be impressed by. He seems to be pretty consistent about tackling the ball carrier if he comes into his space, but he also seemed to get lost a little at times. Or maybe that's just lack of knowledge on my part. He seemed to have good plays and bad plays in this cut up.

Idk... help me out, amateur experts.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2018 at 11:46 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

I don't know what to make of this video. I'm not exactly a talent evaluator so I don't know what I'm supposed to be impressed by. He seems to be pretty consistent about tackling the ball carrier if he comes into his space, but he also seemed to get lost a little at times. Or maybe that's just lack of knowledge on my part. He seemed to have good plays and bad plays in this cut up.

Idk... help me out, amateur experts.

He'll get over-drafted because you can't find guys with his size and athletic ability.  IMO, he's very raw and lacks instinct.  I'd rather take an average athletic linebacker with elite instincts and football IQ, then an ultra athletic linebacker with neither.  I'd rather take Football speed over 40 speed.

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

He'll get over-drafted because you can't find guys with his size and athletic ability.  IMO, he's very raw and lacks instinct.  I'd rather take an average athletic linebacker with elite instincts and football IQ, then an ultra athletic linebacker with neither.  I'd rather take Football speed over 40 speed.

So, he's basically Chris Henry on defense. Got it.

Archived