Rolltide

Oprah Winfrey's view of America..

Rolltide   

In her little speech at the Golden Globes she told of the story about Recy Taylor. Taylor was a black woman in Alabama who was gang raped by 6 white men a gun point. In the trial the men were acquitted. 

This is Oprah's perspective on what our country is. A place where white men rape helpless black women with impunity. That is how she sees America and for that reason i will not be voting for her if she ever runs for president. 

Ignore the hypocrisy of a room full of rich celebrities lecturing us about sexual assault when their own kind are the worse offenders and did nothing to stop it. Ignore the fact that Oprah herself was a victim of rape and sexual abuse as a child from her own family members who are black.

It is the narrative of racial victimization that sustains these idiots. 

Soxcat   

Thing is these rapes happen all the time with whites and or blacks involved as the rapists or the victims so making it a race issue is typical stupid Oprah.  The problem is that in a liberal's tiny mind it is worse if it is white guys raping a black woman than if it is black guys raping a black woman (or blacks raping a white woman).  It shouldn't be but hey, got to fuel the race fire don't we? 

Cyrus   

I wouldn't rule out Oprah, honestly. I think the temptation is to immediately say that we need someone with "experience" after Trump. However the problem with Trump isn't just experience, it's a total lack of leadership both within DC and outside of it. Oprah is more of the CEO type than Trump is, and she's truly a self-made millionaire. She's also someone, who more than other celebrities, is connected with normal every day people. Oprah managed to become an adored national figure as a black woman, no small feat seeing as black women tend to have the most negative perceptions of almost any group in the US. I'd be curious to hear her articulate her political views, but if the country is looking for a unifier then you can't rule out Oprah. 

Rolltide and Soxcat are looking for excuses already - nothing about what she said was divisive. The point was being demonstrated about how women are starting to be listened to when it comes to sexual assault. The point was being demonstrated over the credibility gap between those in power and those who were not. A black woman and a group of white men demonstrates that point. Not only are you missing the point, but you demonstrating a startling lack of understanding and moral decency when your first instinct when listening to those stories is to think about how it's a liberal scam. 

I certainly think Oprah could win if she ran. People like her, she is very successful, and she is a very engaging speaker. That’s what it takes to win an election. 

And if the the option is Oprah or Trump, obviously it’s Oprah hands down because most anyone would be better than Trump. It’s an unimaginably low bar. But I hope that Democrats don’t go for this “celebrities can win” thing. I want a president who has some experience and can get things done. 

patsplat   
3 hours ago, Rolltide said:

In her little speech at the Golden Globes she told of the story about Recy Taylor. Taylor was a black woman in Alabama who was gang raped by 6 white men a gun point. In the trial the men were acquitted. 

This is Oprah's perspective on what our country is. A place where white men rape helpless black women with impunity. That is how she sees America and for that reason i will not be voting for her if she ever runs for president. 

Did Recy Taylor happen?  Did Oprah make it up?

Maybe it's Oprah's perspective because that s*** happened.

Rolltide   
1 hour ago, patsplat said:

@Rolltide if your perspective is that you are sick of being blamed over and over again, then maybe us white people need to do something about the rampant criminality perpetuated and protected by our community.

Perpetrated by you? Not me you. Your kind have the racist past. 

Oprah takes the most extreme situation where 6 white men gang raped a black woman and that is how you see this country?

I started 2 threads for a reason. We have a group of people who want to be here and see America as a land of opportunity, immigrants. Then there are people like her a billionaire who hate this country and see it as a land of shit and oppression. 

I don't owe anybody anything. Blacks are second class citizens because of their behavior not because whites. Stop with the white guilt bullshit.  

Rolltide   

Starkiller's assertion that Oprah can win is incorrect. You do not win a nationwide election putting the country down. 

Edited by Rolltide

Rolltide   

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/oprahs-has-a-history-with-harvey-weinstein-photos/

Harvey has repeatedly told his team and friends that Oprah called him earlier this week and said he needed to speak out and defend himself, and when he did she would be right there supporting him.

An aspiring actress says Harvey Weinstein used Oprah Winfrey and Naomi Campbell to dupe her into thinking he would help her with her career — only to use her for sex.

British actress Kadian Noble said Tuesday she was head-over-heels impressed when she first met Weinstein at an event in London because he was hanging out with model Campbell and had megastar Oprah “swinging off his arm.”

Oprah was also close friends with Bill Cosby. 

oprah.png.7bd54449bb57a5a626916a576aa16322.png

Edited by Rolltide