Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Josh Norris- 1st 2018 Mock

Jonboy   
3 hours ago, Kirkster said:

Cool Davenport is a monster, but don't think we will be picking that high

What do you mean? We can pick no better than 25th given our playoff position. 

tgo   

I read that Davenport isn't going to get out of the top 15 picks.  If he were to fall to us there, it would be a huge steal. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I read that Davenport isn't going to get out of the top 15 picks.  If he were to fall to us there, it would be a huge steal. 

he is a physical freak, he is like a small school Myles Garrett, will be very interesting watching him compete at the senior bowl against better competition.

Daniel Jeremiah and Dane Brugler absolutely rave about Davenport, qualifying for the playoffs likely killed any chance of us getting him.

going to be weird entering draft season this year, the last 3yrs we started the process with pick 2 in 2015, pick 1 in 2016 and picks 5 and 18 in 2017, now in 2018 25 will be the likely pick.

will be almost impossible to pinpoint a likely pick this time around.

tgo   
6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

he is a physical freak, he is like a small school Myles Garrett, will be very interesting watching him compete at the senior bowl against better competition.

Daniel Jeremiah and Dane Brugler absolutely rave about Davenport, qualifying for the playoffs likely killed any chance of us getting him.

going to be weird entering draft season this year, the last 3yrs we started the process with pick 2 in 2015, pick 1 in 2016 and picks 5 and 18 in 2017, now in 2018 25 will be the likely pick.

will be almost impossible to pinpoint a likely pick this time around.

We could literally pick any position other than QB, T, and maybe TE. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

We could literally pick any position other than QB, T, and maybe TE. 

assuming we end up with pick 25, that could be a prime spot to trade down to early in the 2nd round and pick up more picks, if not BPA would be a good strategy.

many would hate the pick but Billy Price the C/G from Ohio St would be exceptional value at pick 25, really think Ben Jones has been an issue this year, constantly getting blown back off the ball.

tgo   
Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

assuming we end up with pick 25, that could be a prime spot to trade down to early in the 2nd round and pick up more picks, if not BPA would be a good strategy.

many would hate the pick but Billy Price the C/G from Ohio St would be exceptional value at pick 25, really think Ben Jones has been an issue this year, constantly getting blown back off the ball.

I keep thinking about Price as well, but something just tells me they won't move on from Ben Jones quite yet. But maybe he could come in and start at guard.

And as far as trading down, We certainly could, but we're going to be really limited in roster space if we re-sign any of our FAs at all, so I think a quality over quantity approach is better this year. But if you could get high picks out of it, then I'd be all for it. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I keep thinking about Price as well, but something just tells me they won't move on from Ben Jones quite yet. But maybe he could come in and start at guard.

And as far as trading down, We certainly could, but we're going to be really limited in roster space if we re-sign any of our FAs at all, so I think a quality over quantity approach is better this year. But if you could get high picks out of it, then I'd be all for it. 

absolutely Price could start at G and if required in the future he is a ready made C.

by trading back i'm only thinking down to 33-36 type range, means we could pick up another 3rd rounder, just think this is the year we need to take a swing at another developmental QB, acquiring an extra pick or two gives us a free swing of sorts in the draft to do so.

tgo   
Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

absolutely Price could start at G and if required in the future he is a ready made C.

by trading back i'm only thinking down to 33-36 type range, means we could pick up another 3rd rounder, just think this is the year we need to take a swing at another developmental QB, acquiring an extra pick or two gives us a free swing of sorts in the draft to do so.

I'd rather just sign a veteran like Henne than use a pick on a QB. 

ctm   

It's early.  The combine and free agency always change things significantly.

Having said that, OLB is a huge need because Orakpo and Morgan are both free agents in 2019 and the pass rush can always stand an upgrade.

Jonboy   

I think Jones has been playing hurt. 

One thing is for sure, this is a fantastic RB draft. We should definitely be able to solidify that group. 

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

I think Jones has been playing hurt. 

One thing is for sure, this is a fantastic RB draft. We should definitely be able to solidify that group. 

it will be really intriguing just how much draft capital JRob chooses to use on the RB position, where we are currently expected to pick we could possibly get the second best guy if he wanted to pull the trigger.

if he truly wants to back Mularkey he might need to be fairly aggressive at RB and G this offseason, absolutely have to get the run game consistently going again for Mularkey's offense to remotely function.

DJB   
1 hour ago, ctm said:

It's early.  The combine and free agency always change things significantly.

Having said that, OLB is a huge need because Orakpo and Morgan are both free agents in 2019 and the pass rush can always stand an upgrade.

Plus Walden. Is a FA and Dodd has been less than spectacular....pretty much jag.