Patriots Week: Bring. On. The Champs.

Jonboy

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is one of those games where you have to wonder if we have the staff capable of getting it done. Capable of putting together a solid enough game plan and out scheming the opposition. BB, McDaniels

Just got the tickets from the wife for the game!  It's about an 8 hr drive for us, I'm hoping for a win or at least a close game.

Posted Images

The past 2 weeks has given me something to remember and be proud of.  There would be no shame if we did lose next week.  We got a good on the road playoff experience win in K.C. that will carry over into next season.  The worst we can do this year is go 1-1 in the post season.  Not bad after such a long drought.  I would love to see them go into N.E. though and come out with a win for sure.

Fuck

The

Pats!

From Bill Barnwell's playoff breakdown.

I'd expect to see a similar game plan as against KC who had the 32nd ranked run defense per DVOA. Lots of running from Mariota and Henry.

No doubt the Pats will be have the schematic answers after studying the KC game film though.

Most teams can't stay in the game long enough to exploit the Patriots' run defense, but it's a serious problem. The Patriots rank 30th in rushing defense DVOA while allowing a league-high 2.95 yards before first contact on rushing plays. Tennessee's offensive line has taken a step backward after a dominant 2016 season, though. After ranking fifth in the category last season, the Titans are 16th in yards before first contact in 2017. They're better off with Derrick Henry, who averages 2.53 yards

Now that the whole Mularkey spectacle is somewhat settled, I'll be able to sit back and enjoy this game.

It's going to be a tough matchup, for sure, but when a team believes in itself and kind of has the leashes taken off to just go out and compete, good things can happen.  New England has not been this susceptible to an early playoff exit in a long time.  They can deny that ESPN report all they want but the fact is that, for the first time in 17 years, there are problems in that locker room.  Will it spill over onto the field of play?  Who knows, but going into a postseason with the media pressing them about dysfunction will be novel for them and no one can say how they'll handle it. 

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Mularkey might have cut Mike Williams before the season ended had they drafted him instead.

Remember...Davis was far superior to the others in route running. Amazing he's had so much trouble here. 

I’m glad we’re playing the Pats (except for the fact that I have to watch the Pats). It’d be great if we knocked them out, but that’d be very tough to do. 

Pitt has the best shot to beat them if we can’t. That’s why I’m happy we don’t play Pitt. Wouldn’t want to potentially knock them out. 

Ok, gotta go get my TB12 treatment. Hope they don’t fuck it up this time. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic