Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abenjami

Championship Game Help

abenjami   

It's a weird league.  Forget about the scoring, it's basically standard, non PPR and everything is x10.  So instead of 6 points for a TD, you get 60, etc.  Also, no more waiver pickups are allowed.  This is what I have to deal with.

Here are my thoughts.

QB:  Obviously gotta start Keenum, unless it's in a snow storm and then maybe take a shot on Stanton against a horrible defense.

RB:  No brainer, start Fournette and Hunt.

WR:  I really want to start Dede Westbrook but I have to start Fournette and I hate starting RB/WR combo from the same team.  Not sure whether to roll Funchess out there again with a bad shoulder.  He has been good and consistent the past few months until all of a sudden he started playing hurt and Olsen returned to the lineup.

TE:  I think Engram is the obvious start but I sort of like Jesse James this week.  The Cards have shut down TE's lately.  James plays a defense that gives up lots of points to TE's and Big Ben won't have Antonio Brown eating up massive targets.

K:  This one is a toss up IMO.  Tucker has been pretty good lately but it will be a cold weather game.  Bailey plays at home, in a dome, against a good defense (which usually means more FG opportunities for the offense and less TD's).

DST:  Easiest call to make.  Start the Lions against the Bengals.

One other thing to note, my opponent's team is stacked.  So playing it safe isn't the best call.