Josh McDaniels for Head Coach 2018

scine09

10 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Screw that.  I want a fresh face.  Let Jrob go get his guy.  I guarantee that guy is not Josh McDaniels.

Actually supposedly they're friendly from their time in NE and there were rumors that Robinson wanted McDaniels.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on board?

I would even settle with Jim Schwartz as HC and he can bring John DeFilippo the Eagles QB coach as the OC.

No.......   Aside from the fact McDaniel was a total disaster how have NE assistants done?

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

There is a part of me that wants us to go 8-8 and clean house. What’s the point of watching a performance worse than yesterday by a good team and being bounced in our first playoff game? 

I'm torn myself.  I always want them to win.  But after yesterday's performance I just don't know.

38 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Mularkey does have to take a little more blame for the offense since that is his area.  But it seems obvious the scheme isn't a great fit for Mariota and the play calling is questionable at times.  Problem is finding someone who would be a legit upgrade because you are probably looking at bringing in a QB coach or someone like that.

Mariota has flat out sucked.  I’m not sure another scheme would fix what’s wrong with him currently.  Watching him play you can see his mechanical issues.  Don’t get me wrong...this scheme is shitty, no doubt about it, but Marcus has made it worse rather than elevating it.  

14 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Jon Gruden sure does like Mariota. Just saying...

14 hours ago, MariGOATa said:

There is a coach on the market with this resume:

future hall of famer

super bowl experience

familiarity with the organization

experience with a young mobile qb

top 15 in all time wins

Let's go fishing...

You two sure are funny.

Not haha funny... just funny.

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes, Kelly and McDaniel were terrible 

Kelly is a college-level coach who was in over his head. Belichick seems to think he's brilliant though, so idk. BB's a football coach, not Stephen Hawkings. Even Stephen Hawkings can be wrong from time to time so...

McDaniels was terrible, but that was a long time ago. Reports are that he's changed since then so maybe he's learned to quiet his inner asshole enough to lead a team to winning ways. And ICYMI, New England wasn't Belichick's first gig. So there's precedence for a coach obtaining success after having been elsewhere. I just don't think I'd want to go with any more two time losers. Fool me once? Shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me. Fool me thrice? Kill me.

6 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

We aren’t getting a new HC.  Mularkey has earned that much.  Barely.  A new offensive coordinator, however...I can see that.  

It's not just that we need a different coordinator. Mularkey needs to change some aspects of his offense. If he can do both those things then maybe he gets a stay of execution in the court of fan displeasure but it would just seem like putting a band aid on a tumor.

There may only be one SB winner out of 32 teams every year, but there is something to be said for organizations who are competitive and in the discussion year in and year out. Mike Tomlin has been raked over the coals by some of the experts (same ones who pump Mularkey up) on this forum for being a below average coach, but in the 11 years he's been their coach they've made the playoffs 8 times (including this season). In the 3 years they didn't make it they won no fewer than 8 games. They've been to the Super Bowl twice, won it once, and got to within one game of it again last year. It's not all due to talent. No amount of talent is going to help if the coaching isn't right. Do we have to have Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell on the roster before we can quantitatively say "yeah, ok... Mularkey sucks, let's move on"?