They were winning in spite of Mariota

OILERMAN

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, Mariota has done some horrible things this year. I'm certainly not going to excuse some of the throws he's made. But I'm sorry, I refuse to believe this staff isn't at least partially responsibl

I think Mularkey was the wrong choice to develop Mariota.

Here's what I've noticed:   1. When Mariota is throwing to Delanie, he's incredibly accurate, looks confident, and takes bold chances. Even on the final drive, he looked like a different QB

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, 52O said:

If this team keeps mularkey and moves on to another qb I’m officially done. 

And I don’t even know if Mariota any better than I originally thought he was but that would be the DUMBEST thing that they could do 

Oh absolutely retarded, couldn't even imagine. 

Ruin 2 QBs, keep a dummy HC for 5+ years. Would be worse then any of the Jeff Fisher years.

Another aspect that I haven't seen discussed here is this: 

Supernaw (who has been playing fullback as well) goes out with an ankle early. Then Lewan goes out, so you have Kelly playing RT and no jumbo TE. Luke Stocker was inactive. This leaves Smith as the sole inline blocking TE in the run game, and this combination of things severely limited what they wanted to do in the game plan, forcing them into a lot more 3 WR sets (which they played more in this game than they had in any previous game, from what I read). I really doubt they went into this game wanting to have to pass the ball in 3 WR sets against this Cardinals blitz heavy team with great personnel in the secondary. No doubt this negatively affected things on top of Mariota injuring himself and threw off their game plan. 

Another factor to keep in mind in regards to the ugly Arizona loss.