Titans not impressing media

titaninpgh

2 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Yes, as a fan, I want to be excited too.  However, 8-4 is damn good record.

The wins against Seattle, Balt. and Jax were quality wins. Squeaking by the Browns and Indy twice not so much. You can only play who is on the schedule but the injuries to Luck and Watson definitely boosted our record. That said, in a year of widespread parity, 8-4 is pretty damn good. We just seem to "back in" to almost every win. Would I rather be 6-6? Nope. But I would like to see some kind of cohesive effort these next 4 games. Complimentary football as Mularkey would say.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The team is 8-4 but you can't tell us you don't see how flawed they are. I think a lot of fans underestimated the impact having 3 rookies play key snaps on offense would have on offensive efficiency.

Honestly Kyle can you ever stay on topic? You literally list an offseason plan in every thread you post in. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic discussed. Nothing.

I forgot. The object of the game isn’t to outscore the other team, it’s to impress the message board analysts with whatever criteria is important to them. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

The wins against Seattle, Balt. and Jax were quality wins. Squeaking by the Browns and Indy twice not so much. You can only play who is on the schedule but the injuries to Luck and Watson definitely boosted our record. That said, in a year of widespread parity, 8-4 is pretty damn good. We just seem to "back in" to almost every win. Would I rather be 6-6? Nope. But I would like to see some kind of cohesive effort these next 4 games. Complimentary football as Mularkey would say.

Oh hell yeah.  I love me some exciting football.  That's not what I'm getting, though.  And that kinda sucks.  But the team is winning.  So that is good.  

I'd entertain an argument that even if Luck and Watson were playing those 3 games wouldn't be automatic losses for the Titans.  I believe the game planning would change based on the opponent.  

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

If Luck and Watson didnt get hurt our record would be much worse, possibly the worst in the AFC South. Ive said this many times.

Maybe, but the Colts have struggled under Luck and the Texans were 3-4 when Watson went out...so maybe not. 

4 hours ago, tgo said:

There’ a reason why the strength coach is one of two  “assistant head coaches” on the team. Assistant Head Coach/Strength and Conditioning. He coaches from the sideline during games too hah, if you watch closely. The other is Dick LeBeau. 

I’ve heard that Watterson actually helps coach all position groups, particularly ST as far as technique and stuff. 

Edit: LeBeau is an assistant HC as well. 

I know Watterson. He’s a good guy. He thought he was gone at the end of the Whiz era. For all the complaining about hamstrings, we just had our first in season player out on IR. We are consistently one of the healthiest teams in the league. 

3 hours ago, Omar said:

Lol at anything Tony Dungy had to say, one of the most overrated HCs of all time. 

Had to get fired for TB to win a SB, with his team. Had one of the greatest QBs of all time, and got one SB..all because of Manning. 

Dungy’s offenses in Tampa were garbage also. 

36 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The 2007 defense was a lot better and this offense is a lot better.

Well I've been watching this team for the last 30 years and the only team I can remember that it reminds me of is the 2007 team. What Oilers/Titans team would you compare it to but the 2007 team?