Sign in to follow this  
Oiler FANatic

Let's see a playoff mess today!

There will always be some team pissed off getting left out. I want to see Miami, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin all win since neither TCU nor Ohio St. have any real chance. Whoever wins the SEC championship game will get in then Oklahoma and Wisconsin would too. But the last spot would be contested by Clemson, Miami, and Alabama.

Rolltide   

The obvious issue for Ohio state is that total ass beating they took at Iowa who is not even ranked. It seems totally stupid to say that Bama's one loss at auburn disqualifies them from the playoffs but Ohio states 2 bad losses does not. 

Edited by Rolltide

Rolltide   

There is another issue. There has yet to be a 2 loss team in the playoffs. Auburn would have made it had they beat Georgia and certainly would have earned it but they did not. Why go out of their way to include  a 2 loss team now? 

I think Bama gets in at #4 and plays Clemson. 

Opus74   

As an aside, why do you want to see a "playoff mess"?

It's the college playoff that most of the fans screamed for year after year!  You finally got what you wanted and now you want it screwed up?

I don't get it.

ctm   
41 minutes ago, Opus74 said:

As an aside, why do you want to see a "playoff mess"?

It's the college playoff that most of the fans screamed for year after year!  You finally got what you wanted and now you want it screwed up?

I don't get it.

I love the fact it's four teams.  If it were more, some of the games yesterday would have been meaningless for getting in the playoffs.  The fact that there are only 4 slots for 5 power conferences makes the schools schedule better teams as well.

On a side note, I think Titans fans would be well advised to keep a close eye on Clemson's defensive front.  There are a couple of guys there who would be a good first round fit.

Rolltide   

No playoff system would make everybody happy. If we had an 8 team playoff then Miami, Penn state, UCF and Washington would feel screwed. 

When Ohio state got destroyed by Iowa I guarantee you to a man they assumed they were done as playoff contenders. 

The worst situation was in the old BCS system when you had 3 unbeaten teams so one got left out. That year auburn won every single game and got left out was tragic. I don;t think we are going to have 5 unbeaten major conference teams. 

On 12/3/2017 at 11:24 AM, ctm said:

I love the fact it's four teams.  If it were more, some of the games yesterday would have been meaningless for getting in the playoffs.  The fact that there are only 4 slots for 5 power conferences makes the schools schedule better teams as well.

On a side note, I think Titans fans would be well advised to keep a close eye on Clemson's defensive front.  There are a couple of guys there who would be a good first round fit.

That worked out well in the NFL for Clemson's previous two 1st round-talent pass rushers :4_joy:

ctm   
21 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That worked out well in the NFL for Clemson's previous two 1st round-talent pass rushers :4_joy:

I tend to think that the player and his talents, or lack thereof, is more important than the uniform he wears.

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

I tend to think that the player and his talents, or lack thereof, is more important than the uniform he wears.

For sure, obviously scheme and coaching help/hurt a players draft stock but I was just being a dick

Rolltide   

I think a 6 team playoff is viable with the top 2 ranked teams getting buys and the 3-6 teams playing a wild card like round. That way the committee has to think long and hard who the top 2 teams are. In that situation they might be willing to push up a team like UCF up to 6 to make things interesting. I don't think both Wisconsin and Ohio State would make it in under that scenario.  I think USC gets in as a conference champ and a west coast team.

In a 6 team playoff I think they line up like this.

1. Clemson bye

2. Oklahoma bye

3 Georgia vs 6 USC- winner plays Oklahoma

4 Bama vs 5 Ohio State winner plays Clemson

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this