Playoff Watch Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You realize we've beaten two of the teams you listed, right?

How many times over the years have we complained that we "outplayed" the other team but we lost?   Well, this year, we're the other team.  A lot.   About fucking time.

According to the NY Times playoff machine, based on today's results, we now have a 92% chance to make the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

fuck that 3rd seed...sure as hell don't want to go to NE if we win.

I know it's all gonna change but just sayin

NE and Pitt actually play in a few weeks. That one will very likely determine what happens at the top, in terms of who gets the top seed. Pittsburgh has looked pretty vulnerable aside from the game against us. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose one in addition to the NE game.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

NE and Pitt actually play in a few weeks. That one will very likely determine what happens at the top, in terms of who gets the top see. Pittsburgh has looked pretty vulnerable aside from the game against us. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose one in addition to the NE game.

that game in Pitt so maybe steelers have a chance

Patriots have nothing but division games left other than the Pitt game so not sure which one of them can step up and beat the pats...probably none.

44 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

NE and Pitt actually play in a few weeks. That one will very likely determine what happens at the top, in terms of who gets the top seed. Pittsburgh has looked pretty vulnerable aside from the game against us. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose one in addition to the NE game.

Wouldn't we want PIT to win? We can't tiebreaker PIT, but pretty sure we can tiebreaker NE.

Only way we get a bye and homefield is if NE drops 2 and we win out somehow.

12 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Wouldn't we want PIT to win? We can't tiebreaker PIT, but pretty sure we can tiebreaker NE.

I think the 2 seed is pretty much out of reach for us. Way too much would have to happen. 

And I'd rather play Pitt again than NE. I think we'd have a better shot given that we've seen them once already this year.

11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I think the 2 seed is pretty much out of reach for us. Way too much would have to happen. 

And I'd rather play Pitt again than NE. I think we'd have a better shot given that we've seen them once already this year.

Yeah makes sense. We looked fine VS PIT. Just silly mistakes like McCains bad tracking on that first TD that should have been picked.

9 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

I have trouble saying bye and homefield without laughing

I could see Pitt fucking things up but I think that NE is coasting to home field thru out

its tough to say..I think pats would also hold tie breaker with better AFC conf record...pats have a loss to panthers while all of our losses are in the AFC.  So if we win out and Pats lose 2 they get tie-breaker.  Pats would need to lose 3 games with us only losing one game to the NFC and even then I think they get us on wins vs common opponents.  It's confusing but I think that's right.

I think the best thing is to just let the Pats go and hope to catch the Steelers if looking for a bye.

A lot is gonna happen among the bottom 4 teams in the playoffs so impossible right now to say who we want to be the top seed.  We are the 3 seed now but who know how that will finish.  I think the Steelers and Pats will remain the top 2.

22 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Its almost a lock the Steelers and Pats won't be in the AFC title game since everyone says it's a lock

I hope it's not. Sick of that tired name brand matchup bullshit. And I hope whoever plays the Pats in the AFCC wins just so we can get new blood in the Super Bowl. Fuck Brady's and Belichick's legacies. They've got enough rings for one hand. That's enough period. Move over assholes.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

• Jonboy unpinned this topic