Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Episode 149 - Titans Winning Ugly, Back Atop the AFC South

Justafan   

There is a lot of stuff going on here.  It's not just players underperforming or the scheme failing to put players in the best position to succeed.  

Justafan   
7 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Here:

But you clarify it here:

Though I'm not sure why you'd contradict him calling them a top 5 OL and suggesting they're underperforming if that was your point as well... but it's the internet, so communication isn't always clear.

I was countering the points he was making.  He said they have a top 5 OL.  They haven't played like that this year.  It's pretty easy if you don't perceive everyone as either pushing or denying a particular agenda.  

21 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I was countering the points he was making.  He said they have a top 5 OL.  They haven't played like that this year.  It's pretty easy if you don't perceive everyone as either pushing or denying a particular agenda.  

Do you really think he was saying that they are playing like a top-five offensive line? Come now.

His point was that they have talented players but are underperforming. Apparently that's exactly what you think.

japan   
13 hours ago, Justafan said:

Henry has started slowly in a couple of games but he's shades better than Murray at this point.  As a runner, it's not even close.  He does need to get better in pass protection.  

Supposedly. But Murray can’t even block anymore as he’s gotten Mariota killed back there recently. 

Mythos27   
6 minutes ago, japan said:

Supposedly. But Murray can’t even block anymore as he’s gotten Mariota killed back there recently. 

I keep saying it but the narrative just won't change. Henry has been great is pass pro since the Colts game. I don't think he's even given up a pressure. That's not to say he's a blocking beast now or that he won't give some up for the rest of the season but I think he's been solid for long enough that this point shouldn't carry as much weight.

japan   
18 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I keep saying it but the narrative just won't change. Henry has been great is pass pro since the Colts game. I don't think he's even given up a pressure. That's not to say he's a blocking beast now or that he won't give some up for the rest of the season but I think he's been solid for long enough that this point shouldn't carry as much weight.

Henry is certainly good enough at pass protection that most other teams wouldn't have trouble starting him outside of 3rd down.  Murray is the better receiver, but they aren't really using him that way this year.

I think the season has been successful so far but it has been successful in ways most people did not expect. The offense has taken a step back but the defense has been making far more plays this year. The main goal this year was to finally be able to reach the play offs and compete for division leader which we are doing, so its a success. 

We cant compete against the Elite teams yet but that's okay for now. 

The Mariota dick riders are finally getting the reality check that Mariota isn't as good as they thought he was which is a good thing. Marcus himself is a humble guy, its unfortunate he has the biggest d bag fan base ever. I think this season will give Mariota what he needs to blossom next year. 

Hopefully changes are made to the offensive coaching staff this off-season. The offense is being held back by poor game planning, I don't care what anybody else has to say about it.  

The defense is getting better but still has huge holes along the DLine and secondary. I will be very upset if they spend the offseason ignoring the defense again. There is is only so much LeBeau can do to cover up the talent gaps. It is good that Byard has stepped up. Dodd needs to improve. We badly need another safety. LeBeau needs good safeties in order for his defense to be at its best. 

titantez   

We cannot continue to sacrifice plays to satisfy the run first philosophy.

We at least have to help the Oline and backs out by being more open minded with the play calls.

You can't pull the entire offense down to protect Marcus, that's coaching scared and that will cause your team to play tentative...

It's time for the coaches to be held accountable for this offensive Debacle.

Edited by titantez

Jonboy   
1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

Really liked this episode. No sound issues. Also, you guys didn’t meander on things and stated your opinions and moved on. 

Always love hearing the feedback. Thanks!

On 11/28/2017 at 3:24 AM, OILERMAN said:

I heard one of the ESPN podcast with one of the analytical guys and he said there are two main concern areas for the Titans, QB play and pass defense. He said adjusted by opponent the Titans had the 3rd worst pass defense. The Titans back 7 is way too talented and healthy to be rated that poorly. 

Their guys up front probably don't scare anyone

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this