President Trump - Witness Tampering

9 Nines

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-target-mueller-flynn-721443

Legal experts saw legal exposure for Trump and Flynn in February of 2017—and saw both men as witnesses and possible suspects in the same federal criminal investigation. Sharing privileged info or valuable investigative research under such circumstances is suspect and uncommon.

Trump's legal exposure comes in part from an April call to Flynn in which he told him to "stay strong"—after which Flynn refused to hand over docs to Congress. So Trump-Flynn coordination to date has been a scandal and maybe evidence of criminal witness tampering—not "common."

By the way, Jared Kushner's father is in prison for witness tampering.   So it's possible that Jared Kushner and his wife could each have a father and father-in-law who were found guilty of witness tampering in two unrelated cases. 

Edited by 9 Nines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What are you talking about????  They have control off ALL THREE LEGISLATIVE BRANCHES.  If they can't pass legislation, it's their own fault.  Not sure how the hell you've managed to blame it on Democr

His posts are cringeworthy. He’s talking down to Oz, one of the smartest guys on our forum, for zero reason in the attempts at a gotcha over a simple misnomer. 

Don't you know man?  They call them Cuckservatives now, and it's a label they give to anyone who compromises on any issue they care about, disagrees with any of their leaders, or whom they view as wor

15 minutes ago, Justafan said:

This thing is far from over.  

Criminals typically follow a path of increasing the level of their crimes - then with that linear progression, when finally caught, it is often for the highest crime they have committed. 

President Trump's life has probably been on the same path. President Trump likely bullied, cheated and swindled people his whole life....and got away with it all of it.  Now his fall might be on top of the world for some of the most high profile crimes one could commit, with new ones spring forth from him trying to bully and cheat through lower ones. 

Edited by 9 Nines

11 minutes ago, Justafan said:

And yet.... people will support him.  And yet, people will defend him.  And yet, people doubt that there is anything nafarious at all going on here and Trump is some sort of victim.  

That is part of his downfall.  Congressional Republicans will not do anything, and even if Democrats take the House in 2018, they might not do anything because as I understand it, an impeachment process would need the Senate to issue the penalty, so if it is still controlled by Republicans why bother in the House.  Also, it would be better for Democrats to run against Trump in 2020, especially if prominent republicans seriously challenge him the primary (he would be further wounded if he prevailed and his base would be against a republican who took the nomination away from him.) So it would not be in the interest of Democrats to do anything.

So he likely survives these crimes while in office but that could be very bad for him. If he gets charged with them as a private citizen, I assume that he could really go to prison while that almost certainly would not happen if he were charged while in office.  Just imagine, Mueller might get a book-size ledger of sealed indictments on Trump, then the day Trump leaves office, they get unsealed and private citzen Trump gets arrested. 

Edited by 9 Nines

3 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

That is part of his downfall.  Congressional Republicans will not do anything, and even if Democrats take the House in 2018, they might not do anything because as I understand it, an impeachment process would need the Senate to issue the penalty, so if it is still controlled by Republicans why bother in the House.  Also, it would be better for Democrats to run against Trump in 2020, especially if prominent republicans seriously challenge him the primary (he would be further wounded if he prevailed and his base would be against a republican who took the nomination away from him.) So it would not be in the interest of Democrats to do anything.

So he likely survives these crimes while in office but that could be very bad for him. If he gets charged with them as a private citizen, I assume that he could really go to prison while that almost certainly would not happen if he were charged while in office.  Just imagine, Mueller might get a book-size ledger of sealed indictments on Trump, then the day Trump leaves office, they get unsealed and private citzen Trump gets arrested. 

If Mueller find something, there's no way they don't push for impeachment. For starters, it's what needs to happen but if Republicans resist then they can hang them w/ it. If they go along w/ it, it also hurts them w/ their base.

4 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

especially if prominent republicans seriously challenge him the primary

How great will it be watching Republicans go against him and bring up the Russia stuff that they wouldn't do anything about when they had the chance 

7 hours ago, Justafan said:

And yet.... people will support him.  And yet, people will defend him.  And yet, people doubt that there is anything nafarious at all going on here and Trump is some sort of victim.  

Trump Voter: If Jesus Told Me Trump is ‘With Russia’ I Would Check With POTUS First:

11 hours ago, Justafan said:

No way does Trump go to prison.  I just don't see that scenario.  I've been wrong before though.  

You turkeys have been wrong since before the election and your still whining and crying for "Russia, Russia, Russia" when are you going to realize there is nothing there??? Strike up the band and dig to North Korea and you're still not going to find shit... This isn't the Clinton's you're dealing with where there is a skeleton in every closet... It's been over a year, do you think Trump would be in office if they had anything??? Hell. they'd impeach him for jaywalking--- you dems are just wiggin for no reason... Go take a hit or two and relax --- you've got 7 more years of this to live through!!! ENJOY!!! :428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer:

2 hours ago, thor said:

You turkeys have been wrong since before the election and your still whining and crying for "Russia, Russia, Russia" when are you going to realize there is nothing there??? Strike up the band and dig to North Korea and you're still not going to find shit... This isn't the Clinton's you're dealing with where there is a skeleton in every closet... It's been over a year, do you think Trump would be in office if they had anything??? Hell. they'd impeach him for jaywalking--- you dems are just wiggin for no reason... Go take a hit or two and relax --- you've got 7 more years of this to live through!!! ENJOY!!! :428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer::428_golfer:

Obama's Birth Certificate

Benghazi

Clinton Emails

Fast and Furious

IRS

The Wall

NAFTA

China currency manipulation

Russia

Sexual Assault accusations

Failed Muslim Ban

Failed Health Care law

Supporting a possible pedophile to serve in office

Abortion

Same Sex marriage

Bibles/ Praying in public Schools

Discrimination and Racism

Legalization of Marijuana

Yes, you guys voted in your dude to the office and you have a majority in the Senate, the House and on the supreme court.  Kudos to you for selling your brand and winning the war of ideas.  BUT, if you are keeping score with the above, it's hard to say exactly that your "team" is "winning".  

So yes, I will enjoy.  Trump has been completely neutralized as an effective power.  Whether Russia is true or not, my goal has been accomplished.  The Republicans bickering stops them from passing any meaningful legislation on the things I actually care about.  Many of the extremists that occupied the white house have now been expelled.  The chaos and stupidity is overturning seats at the state level back over to the Dems in record fashion.  The midterms almost always turn back to the minority party at least to some degree and it is very very possible the Democrats gain control of both the house and the Senate in 2018 along with a huge number of local seats across the country.  

Chances are good that Obamacare is now here to stay.  If a Dem gains the White House in 3 years then look for it to even expand despite Republicans best efforts to kill it any way they can.  Chances are good that Taxes don't get passed either.  Tax cuts we can't afford as a nation.  Chances are good that a ruling to overturn roe v. wade never makes it to the supreme court.  Chances are good that Trump lacks the international goodwill or negotiating power to make sweeping changes to our foreign policy for the worse.

He's set environmentalism back but the tide has already turned the corner and you can't put the cork back in the bottle so it won't matter.  He's tried to hurt globalism (which is good for everyone) and failed miserably.  He's tried to change America into a non-tolerant country and failed.  He's tried become a dictator in his own right and failed.  He worked with nefarious people and they are all going to jail.

If this is what wrong looks like.  I'm cool with it.  

Hell, I even agree with some of the stuff the Republican platform is trying to push like gun rights and adopting pro business-friendly postures and reducing regulations.  I'm even cool with tax cuts if they can balance the budget while doing it.  (They can't.  If you run the publicly provided numbers they need to make huge cuts to current programs to come close to balancing the budget with today's revenue.  Reducing it is actually insane at this point and places even more burden on future generations which is supposedly what the GOP is supposed to oppose).  

The stock market is booming, no thanks to the White House.

So yes, I will be wrong like this forever if it means I oppose bad people from serving in office and if it means the policies I care about are being pushed forward or the policies I oppose are being stifled, ruined, or delayed.

Russia baby!

That's some of the most run on stupid stuff out there --- you did this, you did that ---- what has become the dem way... blame everyone for your short comings...If you hadn't been screwing the American people over for years maybe this stuff never would have happened --- forget all about the Clinton/ Obama total screw job...Its been the American people getting screwed over for years --- and now that someone is in office that is not a "swamp creature" you bozo dems are whining about Trump---  you should be wanting Trump to clean all the diplomatic humping that's been going on, however, you're too busy listening and reading what the main stream media tells you and following it like good little lemmings... Is Trump some great hope---yes---one that he can get into Washington and scrape away the years and years of gouging of the American people by corrupt officials being paid off by lobbyists, foreign countries, and so on... I don't give a shit what Trump does as long as he at least exposes the corruption... Which is quite easy to see right now---why do you think Trump can't get squat done---because of the right and the left and all the 3 letter corrupt agencies not to mention the mainstream media that is right there in bed with them... We should all want to see this shit hole of a government cleaned up--- and who the heck are they all scared of? Someone that doesn't need their money or can't be bought... all this Russia stuff is such bullshit but you dumbies are too blind to see what is actually going on... So they make something up, and egg dumb asses on and on... It's sad to see how stupid half the nation is...

Edited by thor