What is Derrick Henry?

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, helimachoptor said:

in a vast majority of cases he runs out of bounds instead of using his size to bulldoze for a few more yards (maybe he doesnt want to risk a fumble but who knows) 

I've noticed this from all players around the league. Especially once they have the first down, they're content with that often leaving 5+ yards on the field if they had just ran through the defender.. I personally hate it

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMAN's been saying Murray is done for this whole season and giving Mularkey a pass for playing him so much because he can't criticize the coaches. Well, he won't criticize the offensive coaches at lea

yes you were wrong for pulling a Bongo and throwing shit against the wall in preseason. It's week 10 now, Murray is healthy, and he still lack explosiveness. That doesn't make you right. Reminds me of

I'm far from an expert, but there's a few things that strike me about Henry.   He runs soft a lot of the time, he bounces outside so that when a tackler comes in he's not able to impost hims

Posted Images

He doesn’t attack the hole. When he does attack hole  his foot speed is way to slow. He’s  never going to carry the load. He was scouted as nothing more than Brandon Jacobs. We need a running back out of everything that’s hurt this offense it’s been that position. Should have traded Murray when they had the chance for Ajyai 

1 hour ago, cenj said:

Henry is fast once his momentum is going, but he's not explosive. He can't hit the hole any faster than Murray, and he won't lower his pad and truck defenders in the hole, so his size is mostly wasted. He's wants to be a scat back, but in the body of a power back.

His stiff arm is awesome and if he bounces outside, watch out. His size definitely is an advantage when he's sprinting vertically because defenders have to think about how they're gonna bring him down. But imho, his style doesn't fit this offense as a full time starter.  He's a situational back.

I'd love to be wrong. I think if he decided he fucking hated everyone, he'd be a monster. As it stands, he's just too soft.

Shorter version:

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Janet Jackson.

35 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

What is Derrick Henry? Better than this:

I remember that play vividly. The guy is past done. He gave up what could have been a brutal sack at the end of the game. He shouldn’t be anything other than a 3rd down back. Every single time he rushes on first down is an X mark against the staff. 

I love how we gave one single IZ to Henry and he went for 6, like he almost always does. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Anyone have a clip of another bad Murray run?  This is the one where there is a hole/lane to the left and he runs to the right instead and right into an OL. I think this may have been the run where Colligsworth said "I have no idea what DeMarco Murray was doing there".

16 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Anyone have a clip of another bad Murray run?  This is the one where there is a hole/lane to the left and he runs to the right instead and right into an OL. I think this may have been the run where Colligsworth said "I have no idea what DeMarco Murray was doing there".

I remember this too. Murray was straight up bad this week. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I remember that play vividly. The guy is past done. He gave up what could have been a brutal sack at the end of the game. He shouldn’t be anything other than a 3rd down back. Every single time he rushes on first down is an X mark against the staff. 

I love how we gave one single IZ to Henry and he went for 6, like he almost always does. 

It's getting really frusturating. I understand it's tricky dealing with respected vets, but they have to make the move already. It's really hurting the offense. Henry is flawed but is very explosive, he might've scored on that run, seriously. 

I dont expect a single thing to change though & expect Murray to get an even bigger share of the carries after the long rest.

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

A faster back scores there. 

At worst has a 15-20 yard gain. It wasn't just his lack of speed though, it was the fact that he fucking spun right into the defender with a cavernous amount of room to run. I have no idea what he was looking at.

24 minutes ago, Face said:

It's getting really frusturating. I understand it's tricky dealing with respected vets, but they have to make the move already. It's really hurting the offense. Henry is flawed but is very explosive, he might've scored on that run, seriously. 

I dont expect a single thing to change though & expect Murray to get an even bigger share of the carries after the long rest.

It looks real bad but Henry did the same shit in that game. I imagine this happens a lot in every NFL game but it was highlighted last night due to the camera angle which is why I said on Friday we have to caution against over reacting. That being said, Murray appears healthy now and still lacks explosiveness. Personally I think Henry is soft and won't ever be legit starting RB but the team has to confirm that one way or the other and it would serve them do it over the last 6 games. Give him 20 carries a game and see if he can handle it.

27 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It looks real bad but Henry did the same shit in that game. I imagine this happens a lot in every NFL game but it was highlighted last night due to the camera angle which is why I said on Friday we have to caution against over reacting. That being said, Murray appears healthy now and still lacks explosiveness. Personally I think Henry is soft and won't ever be legit starting RB but the team has to confirm that one way or the other and it would serve them do it over the last 6 games. Give him 20 carries a game and see if he can handle it.

Agree a 100%.