Dick LeBeau gotta go

OILERMAN

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Its a shame the great JRob couldnt get LeBeau better players

Robinson nailed the defensive players for the most part......

Ryan is playing great, Sims is a serviceable 3rd CB, Byard another great pick, Brown, nailed it. 

They're being put in positions to fail

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@cenj made a post in another thread but I wanted to start a post on DL so I'll respond in a new thread of it's own:   Are you really gonna praise the defense for playing "lights out" agains

So many things in the OP that don't add up, but I'll start here.    Woodyard was a castoff in Denver and someone many on here wanted benched until this year -- now on the defense, he's playi

I don’t see how someone could call out the defense and defend the offense. 

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

its not a great draft class this upcoming year, many think apart from 2013 its the worst draft class in a decade.

if we end up picking in the early 20's, good chance most of the decent pass rushers will already be gone.

In JRob I trust! Ya, after QBs, pass rushers are the next hardest to come by. But, like QBs, you need a top notch edge rusher.

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Its a shame the great JRob couldnt get LeBeau better players than overrated DBs like Cyp and Ryan.

Its a shame he believed in his draft pick busts like dodd and AJ and passed on a beasts like Calais and Williams.

Its a shame he drafted a gadget player rather than a true corner.

Its a shame he spent more resources on pass catchers knowing we are a run first team and our QB throws more INTs than TDs.

Its a shame our superstar QB throws two early picks that put our defense in a hole, while they still managed to hold them to 6 points off those two picks, and our DC gets the blamed.

Its a shame our D doesnt get a pass playing against Superbowl winning QBs like Wilson and Ben yet Mariota gets pass after pass and averages a INT per game.

Its a shame we are on pace to finish exactly where most of us thought we would yet we feel we should be better.

Its a shame.

Remember that Jake has been denying his JRob hatred up until now.  Glad he finally has embraced it.  Since when has Ryan been overrated?

Ryan is not the problem.  Hell, the defense has not played poorly in a while.  If anything, they need some dominant pass rushers so they can get to the QB without blitzing five and leaving the secondary hung out to dry on every single play.  

It's amazing the secondary has played as well as it has considering how they are attacking offenses.  Of course, good QBs are going to carve you up when you blitz the whole game.  The good QB's are at their best finding the one on one matchup.  

The only way to really neutralize good QBs is to get into the backfield only rushing 4 and sitting back in coverage and hoping the secondary can hold up long enough for the pass rush to get there.  (Just look at what Denver was able to do to Carolina a couple years ago)

They really need to invest in the front 7 this offseason and get some more pass rushers to rotate in and get after the QB like they used to do with Schwartz.  They need a DOMINANT pass rusher and that will change everything.  

Edited by Justafan

I've criticised the defense before and am not die hard pro Lebeau. We've played terrible teams with terrible QBs. And it's very likely he will be fired because Mularkey is gonna need some scapegoats. But similar to @tgo, I'm mixed because I've seen some really good things too as the season has progressed.

I'm criticizing the hypocrisy of Oman's recent posts. On one side, you're calling everyone stupid for overreacting because we're still winning. Then you say we need to fire the DC because they're only doing well against bad teams.

Which is it? Posters have been upset for weeks despite the wins because we've recognized we're underperforming against bad teams, yet you've downplayed this. But for Lebeau you use the same argument? And only Lebeau -- Mularkey and the O are untouchable. You overrate the injury issues and opposing defenses to fit your narrative. 

This team has been underperforming for weeks. The schedule is allowing us to slip into the playoffs.

Edited by cenj

We give up big chunks of yardage pass in pass defense and we are extremely inconsistent. I think we have the talent to be good minus a dominant NT and pass rusher. I think with some experience our secondary will be fine. I think it is mainly scheme related. We need work on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, cenj said:

I'm criticizing the hypocrisy of Oman's recent posts. On one side, you're calling everyone stupid for overreacting because we're still winning. Then you say we need to fire the DC because they're only doing well against bad teams.

Which is it?

It's pretty simple really......

We've seen the offense perform well, against the best defenses in the league even. It's obvious why the offense is struggling, declining RB, young WRs, Mariota hammy/poor play etc..... Besides that most of the gripes about the offense has been totally refuted(we run run pass) or other half cocked half truths about Matiota doing better in some other mysterious system....

The defense on the other hand is healthy and the players are better than the production. LeBeau didn't get better with player upgrades, the defense still get shredded against good QBs. Yet McCourty leaves and goes to a non man scheme and does well, that's a clear system indictment. The game plan on Antonio Brown was a joke, he was singled by whoever he lined up on most of the time. The Texan game was even worse which caused Mularkey to intervene. 

If you can't see the difference in the two arguments it's only because you don't want to. It's not hypocrisy, it's plain as day. 

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

its not a great draft class this upcoming year, many think apart from 2013 its the worst draft class in a decade.

if we end up picking in the early 20's, good chance most of the decent pass rushers will already be gone.

Then we need to get the best FA, top shelf.  The team is too close to not get the best available PR. 

Defense needs pass rush help.

The defense also needs a oh I don't know a one or two possession lead in say maybe the first half of some games and see if the pass rush improves.

They are never in a position to really go after anyone, all the while outside of Houston no one has ran away from us as the defense has kept us within reach.

Top shelf QBs are going to and are expected to put up points. Defense has to keep those games winnable, but the offense has to keep pace and score, turn overs start happening wheels are gonna fall off.

24 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Defense needs pass rush help.

The defense also needs a oh I don't know a one or two possession lead in say maybe the first half of some games and see if the pass rush improves.

They are never in a position to really go after anyone, all the while outside of Houston no one has ran away from us as the defense has kept us within reach.

Top shelf QBs are going to and are expected to put up points. Defense has to keep those games winnable, but the offense has to keep pace and score, turn overs start happening wheels are gonna fall off.

When they get a lead, DL plays prevent with a 3 man rush.

2 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

When they get a lead, DL plays prevent with a 3 man rush.

Well when do we ever have a lead or multiple possession leads? Typically the 4th correct? These leads are typically one possession or less correct? If that's the case then yeah Dicks not much different than most coaches, he'll play the prevent.

I would have loved Adams, but I agree with Tomachek. Our secondary looks pretty good, overall. The pass rush is not good enough. It's the biggest problem on defense. On offense, our receivers need to be better, and the run game, of course!