Franken ...wow

earlers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is different. Franken isn't just a politician, he's a CELEBRITY.   When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.   I'm sure the POTUS will come to Franken's def

It's obviously totally inappropriate and honestly, not even funny. He was wrong to do it, even as a joke.    But let's not equivocate it to Moore and Weinstein, et. al. which is the obvious

This is how it's done...

8 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You all are being way too reasonable. We need Sox, Tux, Ben, and thor in here to spice things up by telling us the picture was photoshopped and the liberal lynch mob put Franken up to falling on the sword. 

I'll jump in---people make mistakes, if this is all there is to this I think this is some dumb ass doing some way beyond dumb assed stuff... Is it worth ruining someone's life over---I don't think so, there are a lot worse things that go on then this but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be looked into... Just like Moore if there is more stuff and can be substantiated fuck em... (Yes, Moore with 8 charges, plus minors, is much worse so don't think I am putting them in the same category)...

and actually I expect more charges on both sides of the aisle to come out in the near future...

EDIT: WOW!!! I didn't see the photo... What a nitwit... 

Edited by thor

If it's true, get him out of there.  

If this were you or me, we would be fired or punished for this sort of behavior.  Hold them all accountable.  

Is it expecting too much to hold our leaders to the ideals of the laws they impose on the rest of us?  Fuck no.  They have a responsibility to be better.  Send him home.  Let him take Trump with him.  

NO MORE GARBAGE.

I have a bigger problem with the forced kiss, in a private setting where the woman was vulnerable. The "breast touching" wouldn't be as bad without the context of how the woman felt about it afterwards and how she felt about him before this incident. That's why I asked "what did the woman say" (before I read her piece). If it was simply a joke between friends that was being taken out of context then that's one thing but this is surely not that. This woman had just recently been victimized by Franken and then had to feel that way again after she saw these pictures. I'm not saying he's as bad as Weinstein/Moore, etc but you don't have to be as bad as those guys to be a fucking creep that sexually assaults a woman. We don't have to draw an equivalence but let's also not equivocate or we become just like the pussyfooting conservatives on this board. Franken was dead wrong and whatever the powers that be decide should happen to him, I'm good with. Same goes for Moore and all the other creeps.

6 minutes ago, Justafan said:

If it's true, get him out of there.  

If this were you or me, we would be fired or punished for this sort of behavior.  Hold them all accountable.  

Is it expecting too much to hold our leaders to the ideals of the laws they impose on the rest of us?  Fuck no.  They have a responsibility to be better.  Send him home.  Let him take Trump with him.  

NO MORE GARBAGE.

I love Loius C.K as a comic. I think he's one of the best to ever do it. He still jerked it in front of women who wanted no part of it. He had a great apology like Franken did. However, their nice apologies still don't undo what they did. Do the crime pay the price, no matter who you are or how nice a guy you appear to be.

That shit happened on FOB Marez.  I was at FOB Diamondback (right across the street) for four months when the chowhall got blown up and killed 30 something people.  Of course this happened probably like a year after I left but strange how that stuff hits home.  

7 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I love Loius C.K as a comic. I think he's one of the best to ever do it. He still jerked it in front of women who wanted no part of it. He had a great apology like Franken did. However, their nice apologies still don't undo what they did. Do the crime pay the price, no matter who you are or how nice a guy you appear to be.

and,... most of them apologize only after they get publicly called out, of course.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

C.K. didn't apologize...

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

C.K. didn't apologize...

He didn't say the words "I'm sorry" or "I apologize" but He acknowledged wrong- doing and said he felt bad. That's an apology to me. Like I said though, it doesn't matter to me.

Not sure how much this will matter if they find any real evidence of serious wrongdoing, but 3 dozen women who worked with Franken on SNL publicly supported him based on how he treated them in the past.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-jane-curtin-laraine-newman-and-other-1511283900-htmlstory.html