Tyrod Taylor Benched

Jonboy

Suppose this is good for our overall playoff chances as I can't imagine Peterman is going to do any better. 

What's the deal with the Bills and Taylor? His numbers seem ok. 10 TDs to 3 INTs. 64% completion. Rating is 91.4.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think he'll take a backup position next year? He would be nice insurance if 8 misses time...

Yeah, remove all the stats where Marcus targets our best offensive player. Seems fair. I swear these people are retarded.

Now this is one player I'd like to see us go after as the backup to Mariota.

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Suppose this is good for our overall playoff chances as I can't imagine Peterman is going to do any better. 

What's the deal with the Bills and Taylor? His numbers seem ok. 10 TDs to 3 INTs. 64% completion. Rating is 91.4.

Tyrod Taylor never gets respect and likely never will in this league.

1 minute ago, JNew said:

Tyrod Taylor never gets respect and likely never will in this league.

As Jamal said though (and I believe it to be true), it's tough to earn respect when your strength is running off-script... And nowhere near the sense of Rodgers or Big Ben extending plays off-script downfield.

He's a very pedestrian passer that hasn't won much and is set to make massive amounts of money. As least all the other "respected" guys that hamstring their teams to large contracts offer much more perceived value in the air.

15 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

As Jamal said though (and I believe it to be true), it's tough to earn respect when your strength is running off-script... And nowhere near the sense of Rodgers or Big Ben extending plays off-script downfield.

He's a very pedestrian passer that hasn't won much and is set to make massive amounts of money. As least all the other "respected" guys that hamstring their teams to large contracts offer much more perceived value in the air.

I'm not seeing any of these critiques in his play and I've seen him a few times. I see a player who makes his reads, throws from the pocket, makes plays downfield, escapes pressure and runs when he needs to. 

I like Taylor, but I agree his strength is more as an improvisational sandlot-type playmaker than a surgical precision passer.  Some coaches figure out ways to use this to their advantage;  others insist on having every play executed as designed.  

This is not to say Taylor is incapable of functioning within a structured offense...but let's say he goes executes 90% of the plays as they're drawn up and goes off-script maybe 10% of the time.  Some coaches would be okay with that....for others, 90% might not be good enough.  It's up to the coach to decide how much he's willing to work with.

Tygod is better than probably over half the starting QBs in the league. I don't think they would sign him, but I'd be scared if he went to the Jags. He'll be starting somewhere again next season.

Edited by TeamRamrod27