Sessions pushes back on calls for Clinton special counsel

reo

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/360292-sessions-wed-need-factual-basis-for-second-special-counsel-for

It would take "a factual basis that meets the standard of a special counsel" for the Justice Department to make such an appointment, he said during a heated exchange with Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) at a Tuesday House Judiciary Committee meeting.

"We will use the proper standards and that’s the only thing I can tell you, Mr. Jordan," Sessions said. "You can have your idea but sometimes we have to study what the facts are and to evaluate whether it meets the standards it requires."

"That’s what it looks like and I’m asking you, in addition to all the things we know about James Comey in 2016, doesn’t that warrant naming a second special counsel?" he said.

"I would say 'looks like' is not enough basis to appoint a special counsel," he said sharply.

Didn't think i'd say this but good job Sessions.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

They'd make absolute fools of themselves if they launched an investigation. It's one thing to talk about it to the retards watching fox  but a real investigation is another matter. 

There's already an investigation underway... What they haven't decided s whether a "special council" is needed or not... Republicans don't need to rig stuff and  create false stories... The dems screw the pooch all on their own...

2 hours ago, thor said:

There's already an investigation underway... What they haven't decided s whether a "special council" is needed or not... Republicans don't need to rig stuff and  create false stories... The dems screw the pooch all on their own...

True.  That’s Hannity & Fox's job.  #teamwork!!

The "Where's Waldo" contingent still counting on false innuendos and make believe lies...

Of course there doesn't need to be a special council --- unlike the dems ---- where lies and corruption rule the roost... 

I would rather have Gowdy looking into the possible criminal actions first...:428_golfer:

10 hours ago, thor said:

The "Where's Waldo" contingent still counting on false innuendos and make believe lies...

Of course there doesn't need to be a special council --- unlike the dems ---- where lies and corruption rule the roost... 

I would rather have Gowdy looking into the possible criminal actions first...:428_golfer:

It was a conservative Justice department that appointed the special counsel.... mostly because they felt they had little choice in the face of compelling evidence.  

Why don't they do the same thing with Hillary Clinton if the evidence is so compelling?  Are you now suggesting that Jeff Sessions is a lying Democrat too?

I mean don't these guys watch Fox?  Haven't they read that book Clinton Cash?  With all this "evidence" why in the world can't they get any traction with the justice department or the FBI to launch a real investigation when their appointed people are now in charge over there?  Is everyone just sticking it to the Republicans these days?

How many investigations have senators launched against Hillary Clinton?  How many of those have come back with a shred of anything?  Ask yourself what is the more likely answer as to why they keep doing it.  That they truly believe that Clinton is guilty and they want to see justice prevail (you know because they are all shining examples of moral conduct) OR they have something to gain politically.

Hillary might have done some shady stuff while she was in office.  I honestly have no idea.  What I do know, is that if the Republicans had a SHRED of credible proof there would be a huge investigation right now to distract from Mueller hauling people off to jail.