Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Adoree being considered a bust so far?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743157-nfl1000-how-struggling-rookies-can-avoid-bust-label

Jackson was expected to be a project, but the Titans' decision to take him at No. 18 over much more refined and similarly gifted athletes looks like a massive mistake so far.

Jackson's been a liability, having allowed 20 receptions for 193 yards, two touchdowns and four penalties in man coverage, per my own charting

Even if his charting is accurate, those numbers hardly seem like a liability through 9 games. Of course it depends on the amount of man to man situations he's been in, but I fnd it hard to believe there have been few enough of those situations to make you think those numbers are terrible.

Rogue   

I'm not sure the thread title is an accurate description of the article.  That said, the article does have some legitimacy.  I agree there were better prospects at 18, but we needed a CB (even if a project) and we needed a return guy.  Bonus for being a RB.  

I'm disappointed when he gets burned, but excited when he knocks down a pass.  I get a little stiffy every time he's back to return a kick/punt.  His use on the offense has put a pleasing smile on my face.  

The kid plays his ass off at whatever he's asked to do and there's no where to go but up, from what I've been watching.  So far, my favorite first round pick.   

twitch28   

This guy is an idiot. He's made some mistakes but that's a tough position to play as a rookie. I think he's been lights out for the most part. I think he's going to be a premier player next year.

25 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I'm not sure the thread title is an accurate description of the article.  That said, the article does have some legitimacy.  I agree there were better prospects at 18, but we needed a CB (even if a project) and we needed a return guy.  Bonus for being a RB.  

I'm disappointed when he gets burned, but excited when he knocks down a pass.  I get a little stiffy every time he's back to return a kick/punt.  His use on the offense has put a pleasing smile on my face.  

The kid plays his ass off at whatever he's asked to do and there's no where to go but up, from what I've been watching.  So far, my favorite first round pick.   

who else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft

Only one I can think of maybe is White, but he doesn't offer the overall package of skills Adoree brings. TJ Watt's been pretty good, but I wouldn't trade Adoree for anyone else we could've had 18.

I think Adoree is quickly shedding the "project" and "raw" labels he had coming out. He's coming along quicker than I and probably most of us thought he would.

Edited by socaltitan

Rogue   
3 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

who else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft

Only one I can think of maybe is White, but he doesn't offer the overall package of skills Adoree brings. I think Adoree is quickly shedding the "project" and "raw" labels he had coming out. He's coming along quicker than I and probably most of us thought he would.

I can't say but a "project" anyone at 18 is likely a questionable decision.  

I think he's shedding that label well, too.  Everyone thing else he is doing just stengthens the pick.  

chef   

For a rookie CB who is getting attacked quite often, he's done quite well.  Despite having been out of position here and there and given up a few plays, he's more often in recent weeks not only been on position but done extremely well in passes defensed (remember for years how our "best" CBs like JMac would always seem to be almost right there as the other team completed a pass?).  His improvement already has been noticeable, and he has not at all been a tackling liability despite his (lack of) size.

That's not even taking his return skills or now his contributions to the O into account.  

I mean, Lattimore this year or Ramsey last year looks like a better overall CB, but bust?  Pretty far from it.

Face   

Yeah this seems overly harsh. I was a little disappointed earlier but he's picked it up in a big way. Massive mistake? I'm not sure how much research these guys put into these articles.