Sign in to follow this  
titantez

Has Brown over taken Williamson?

titantez   

I was busy watching the Dline push or lack there of, during the game and did not pay any attention to who was out there at linebacker.

When I reviewed the stat sheet for the game, Williamson was no where to be found.

Did he just not make ANY plays or has he been replaced.

The Dline is getting no push up the middle and we are going aganist a very strong Steeler Interior Oline, we need some guys to push up Thursday night.

Anyone see or have an opinion on that inside linebacker spot or the dline's lack of push?

titantez   
1 minute ago, Alcibiades said:

I dont know, but I think he's the most underrated player on the defense right now. I don't think people realize how well Brown is playing .What a find! 

No doubt, the kid was just what the doctor ordered, Williamson was playing just about every snap last year and led the team in tackles, for him to not have a tackle is saying something.

Face   
2 minutes ago, tgo said:

What was Avery’s snap %? 

They each played right around the sand snaps. Brown is clearly the nickel. I can't see us retapping Avery next year

titantez   

Well Williamson will probably get more snaps Thursday because the Steelers are going to try and run it down our throats, to set up play action deep..

It will be intresting to see what the two former Steelers offensive and defensive coordinators come up with for this homecoming prime time game...

Should be fun to watch..

Face   
8 minutes ago, Supernope said:

I just noticed Austin Johnson with 7 plays.   What's the 2nd round deal with this team

JRob totally blew that 2nd rd. Henry is by far the best player of the 3. Depressing.

It really sucks what happened with Dodd though, you can tell he was going to be good watching that Detroit game. I personally think he's mentally shot over the foot injury though, he's done. 

Austin Johnson is just looking like a bad pick. His combine was terrible, he's probably. It a good enough athlete. And Antwuan Woods flat beat him out last year.

JRob gets more praise then he should based on his drafts.

tgo   

Just looked at the snap count and he played on 43% of the snaps still. 

Face   
12 minutes ago, tgo said:

Just looked at the snap count and he played on 43% of the snaps still. 

What do you think they do with Avery in the offseason? I assume he'll get $3-$4 mil, Id be shocked if we pay him that with Brown on a rookie contract. I think some undervalue what Avery does against the run, but we're just not going to pay him big money with Brown already a much better 3rd down player. 

Brown also graded very well against the run in college, much better than most realize. He's not going to meet OL head on & shed blocks, he's a pure WLB, but he'll run around blocks & make tackles.

tgo   
4 minutes ago, Face said:

What do you think they do with Avery in the offseason? I assume he'll get $3-$4 mil, Id be shocked if we pay him that with Brown on a rookie contract. I think some undervalue what Avery does against the run, but we're just not going to pay him big money with Brown already a much better 3rd down player. 

Brown also graded very well against the run in college, much better than most realize. He's not going to meet OL head on & shed blocks, he's a pure WLB, but he'll run around blocks & make tackles.

I think we’ll let him walk in FA and draft someone fairly early to replace him. 

We’ll see though. I’d rather sign Da’Quan to an extension than Williamson probably. But I’d bet against them re-signing either. 

Edited by tgo