Week 7: Titans O Worse Than D

Jamalisms

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, you know I've been critical of Mariota's play even when others have screamed at any hint of criticism. He's still developing, he's inconsistent, and he totally blew the Walker TD pass.  

Then maybe Robiskie should have stopped calling those,...  Ya think? Marcus has played against the Tampa2 since he was a RS freshman at Oregon, and curb stomped the guy that invented it.  To

Robiskie showed arrogance today or incompetence in not changing what was clearly not working. The Browns wanted to shut down the run game and force a injured Mariota to beat him. Robiskie consistently

LOL. Change the title to "The Cleveland O is worse than the Titans D" then you have something.

Lol you just don't know how to lose.

The offense looked bad today ... but the D is still worse. They've looked great versus the Dolphins and Browns lol.

You sure got us in the corner now @Jamalisms

Edited by big2033

2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Jesus. That's your argument?

Pretty simple one actually. If you want to use this as an indicator of our defense is better than our offense when every other statistic says otherwise ... yeah ... that's my argument.

You're taking a victory lap on an offense that swapped QBs midway AND THEN lost their franchise left tackle lol. If you want to talk about the offense fine ... but trying to be right about some dumb shit you said last week shows how petty you are and it's all about being right.

I get it though. You got embarrassed last week and are trying to save face. It's not going to work.

The defense is worse than the offense ... but the offense needs to make some changes.

Edited by big2033

Robiskie showed arrogance today or incompetence in not changing what was clearly not working. The Browns wanted to shut down the run game and force a injured Mariota to beat him. Robiskie consistently put Mariota in situations where it was 3rd and very long. And Mariota’s receivers dropped some balls that should have been caught (Decker). The missed pass to Delanie in the end zone was all on Marcus.

@big2033 

I get that you have an intense personal grudge against Jamal, but imagine it's someone, anyone else. 

I admit, I think the D has been terrible and on paper have given the O the benefit of the doubt more because of Mariota, injuries, and the Jags win. But his argument isn't absurd. The offense has been atrocious against bad teams. We have a franchise QB who the scheme is making look on par with Cody Kesslar. 

The defense (Byard) today had 3 ints, and the offense got zero points off the turnovers. The Jets O put 28 on Miami. The Jags and Bortles passed all over the Colts. We couldn't score a TD against a bad Browns team without their best CB and Safety. 

I don't know if the offense is truly worse, but it's a whole lot closer than many want to admit.

Earlier Jamal said he was only talking about the Colts game, not the season.... Is this just for this game or are we talking about the season now?

I wouldn't really give the defense much credit. Byard caught some terrible passes and once Thomas went down they couldn't protect their terrible QBs. 

And that was all happening when the Browns offense was shooting themselves in the foot. 

4 minutes ago, cenj said:

@big2033 

I get that you have an intense personal grudge against Jamal, but imagine it's someone, anyone else. 

I admit, I think the D has been terrible and on paper have given the O the benefit of the doubt more because of Mariota, injuries, and the Jags win. But his argument isn't absurd. The offense has been atrocious against bad teams. We have a franchise QB who the scheme is making look on par with Cody Kesslar. 

The defense (Byard) today had 3 ints, and the offense got zero points off the turnovers. The Jets O put 28 on Miami. The Jags and Bortles passed all over the Colts. We couldn't score a TD against a bad Browns team without their best CB and Safety. 

I don't know if the offense is truly worse, but it's a whole lot closer than many want to admit.

OK .. let's play this game. The Colts scored zero versus the Jags. Lost 27-0

We allowed 22 points last week versus the Colts and scored 37 versus the Jags.

Don't cherry pick stats @cenj. I know scoring 12 against the Browns is frustrating but we're being a little knee jerk.

We gave up 57 points to the Texans.

And like Oilerman said ... this was about last week. Jamal is trying to win an argument that was clearly an embarrassment for him because NET points is NOT a stat.

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, cenj said:

We have a franchise QB who the scheme is making look on par with Cody Kesslar. 

Stop blaming the scheme when Mariota plays like a turd. He missed easy wide open passes today, one for an easy TD. That wasn't the scheme 

8 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Robiskie showed arrogance today or incompetence in not changing what was clearly not working. The Browns wanted to shut down the run game and force a injured Mariota to beat him. Robiskie consistently put Mariota in situations where it was 3rd and very long. And Mariota’s receivers dropped some balls that should have been caught (Decker). The missed pass to Delanie in the end zone was all on Marcus.

A fair assessment.