Stop hiding Marcus

headhunter

Just now, Supdawg said:

Marcus may have played his worse game as a pro today. 

Disagree. The throw to Walker in the end zone was bad as was the throw to Matthews in the 4th, other than that there were some bad drops. Not to mention our love for running up the middle on first down consistently put us in 2nd and 14 or worse.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont know what the deal is. All these power formations that end up being some kind of long developing trickery is getting on my nerves. Attack down the field, run up the middle. Im pretty fed up wit

Marcus sucked today. They tried to have him take over and he couldn't. Same goes for the running backs, especially Henry. The whole offense was trash today.

I think Eric Decker needs his PT reduced. He's not consistent.

2 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Disagree. The throw to Walker in the end zone was bad as was the throw to Matthews in the 4th, other than that there were some bad drops. Not to mention our love for running up the middle on first down consistently put us in 2nd and 14 or worse.

I have always defended marcus.. not today. He was really bad. I do not remember him ever playing so poorly.

Our receivers are our shortfall.    Cleveland stacked the line and dared us to pass downfield.    Could not happen.   We need to get Davis healthy and on the field.  If we back teams up then offense will be that much better.   Our offensive line was offensive.   We could not block anything.  Although they stacked the line too many players beat one on one

4 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

We only carried 4 receivers out of TC; two were rookies one of whom was hurt. Take Dealnie out and we have no passing game.

Exactly. This is why I keep criticizing the front office and JRob.

Some posters are defending the coaches by saying we don't have enough healthy WRs to run more spread sets. OK, well who's responsible for that? Last year the offense was atrocious early on and people argued the same thing (even that the offense couldn't be expected to really function without K. Wright back -- seriously). 

Then this year, we again don't have many competent WRs because the offense simply doesn't prioritize them. We signed a ton of special teams players though.

Injuries are part of the game, and rookies taking time to get acclimated isn't some huge secret. We are suffering from offseason decisions based on the old school philosophy of building this offense. 

9 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

In fairness to Mariota it wasn't just him that sucked, The receivers dropped some passes, Walker fumbled and Ben Jones was totally destroyed by Sheldon Richsardson as well. 

You mean Danny Shelton?

Edited by ChesterCopperpot1

1 hour ago, cenj said:

Exactly. This is why I keep criticizing the front office and JRob.

Some posters are defending the coaches by saying we don't have enough healthy WRs to run more spread sets. OK, well who's responsible for that?

What specifically should he have done, kept McBride?

This game was an absolute embarrassment.

The Browns came into the game with the  NFL's worst pass defense and two starters out with injury...and the Titans offense made them look like the '85 Bears.

Pitiful.

I thought today was disgusting from a playcall perspective.  They did not let Mariota get into a rhythm.  At all.  Every time they had a big pass play it was right back to the run.  And as usual if affected the rhythm of the entire offense, specifically Mariota.  I watched the game with someone who doesn't watch the Titans and he couldn't believe how conservative they were.  He said it was 90s style football that can't work today.  I blame the coaches way more than I blame Mariota.