Gen Kelly is a lying ....

earlers

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Another person loses his rep and credibility by hitching his wagon to the Donald Trump retard train. He should be fired or resign. 

I do not understand how any person of accomplishment would get involved with President Trump.  It is likely going to end badly for you; at best you might get lucky and not be seen. What is the point?

Edited by 9 Nines

13 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

He did not clearly lie.   He was clearly mistaken.   

If he was mistaken then he'll say so and apologize. Granted he could apologize and it could still be an intentional lie but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If he says nothing, it was definitely an intentional lie though. 

26 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

He did not clearly lie.   He was clearly mistaken.   

It’s possible. But only if some other congresswoman was the actual person he was thinking about and he simply had them confused.

He gave a very specific description of her speech, which was totally untrue. Why would he have such a clear recollection of such a speech that never happened? 

2 hours ago, reo said:

If he was mistaken then he'll say so and apologize. Granted he could apologize and it could still be an intentional lie but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If he says nothing, it was definitely an intentional lie though. 

I agree, he should respond.   It just seems odd that he would make up a lie that could easily be fact checked.

3 hours ago, Little Earl said:

I agree, he should respond.   It just seems odd that he would make up a lie that could easily be fact checked.

This administration has been doing that all year. How is that a surprise?

General Kelly is a good man who carries himself with character.  Kelly and Mattis are the best things happening with the White House.  He's a patriot for doing what he's doing and should be commended.  He knows that discrediting the president in this way, no matter who it is, does nothing to move the country forward.

Trump is a despicable person and a horrible president.

Having said that, Dems should either present their case or move on and stop taking shots at the expense of our democracy and standing in the world.  I don't like Trump either but effort would be much better spent finding a candidate who can beat him with ideas and rebrand the party into something that actually wins over voters instead of just trying to discredit every single person connected to Trump in an effort to separate him from American society.  He will do that on his own.  

Dems should reach out to repubs now on health care and tax reform and start making alliances and let them know that their support is possible to gain if we can get some things we want and we are willing to play ball on some stuff we weren't willing to in the past.

Pelosi should step down and let someone else be the face of the party so that would take away the demonizing symbol republicans have rallied around.

Dems need to start presenting a unifying message on all of this stuff, especially economic policy and jobs.  Closely followed by healthcare, taxes, immigration, and foreign policy.  Find someone charismatic and articulate and have them start now.

These people are out here.  Find them Dems.  Someone with a real IQ, actual emotional intelligence, and real charisma, and actually knows how to work Washington.  

Let Trump ruin himself.  

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

He got caught flat out lying about the congresswoman 

That's debatable but not really worth debating.  

I'm not going to condemn the man because he was mistaken or even if he did lie.  His intent was to protect the office and redirect attention where it belonged.  A sacred tradition that shouldn't be tarnished, even if Trump was a complete fail.