Bucky Brooks: Colts Should Trade Andrew Luck

Jonboy

26 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I think Bucky Brooks needs to put away Madden franchise mode for a while.

Damn, I suppose one of those Madden's games is in my future with so many directed references throughout TR.  I truly dislike video games, except Galaxia.  Yeah, you're right, I'm an old fart.  Bite me!

The Colts would take a 19 mill cap hit to trade Luck, which is about how much cap space they have right now. They gave him a 32 mill signing bonus a year ago so they would be throwing that money away. 

What would a team be willing to give up for Luck who's career is in serious question now?

Does Brooks honestly think Brissett is the long term answer?

One of the dumbest ideas ever

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The Colts would take a 19 mill cap hit to trade Luck, which is about how much cap space they have right now. They gave him a 32 mill signing bonus a year ago so they would be throwing that money away. 

What would a team be willing to give up for Luck who's career is in serious question now?

Does Brooks honestly think Brissett is the long term answer?

One of the dumbest ideas ever

I agree.  Why trade Luck if his value is low. You would not get fair value for his talent because of injury.  

Hope Bissett balls out and trade him.  If Jags were willing to give a second round pick for the Bengals back up QB, imagine what Colts could get for Bissett.

34 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'm curious... is this doubt about Luck's future based in reality or is it based on hopeful wish grabbing and fan projecting?

The Colts aren't exactly the most forthright organization, but that doesn't have anything to do with Luck's shoulder. 

Hope and fan projecting.  He will be fine...he just needs time.

15 hours ago, abenjami said:

Talk about selling low.

This would be far worse than liquidating your portfolio 15 months ago.

Came in here to post this....you'd be a fucking moron to trade Luck right now at his current value. I think that they'd be incredibly wise to do one of 2 scenarios:

1. Rehab him to a serviceable level, bring him back the last few weeks of the season and let him light up some teams when the Colts will likely have nothing to play for. Trade his ass in the offseason while teams are excited about his availability and hopeful about his health situation.

OR

2. Take a team "vacation" to Guyana, get Jim Irsay to throw on a pair of aviator sunglasses and have him lead the team/front office/Peyton Manning/Papa John in a sampling of some cyanide-flavored Kool-Aid.

I'm hopeful that they'll choose option 2.....