Tennessean: Mariota supports NFL players who protest social inequality during anthem

luvyablue256

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it’s a win situation for him. He’s on the right side for equality...that’s always the right side. 

This seems like a weird article to write, almost like Wolfe is intentionally trying to stir up something among certain fans against Mariota. 

In other words, Brady? Oh, I see....he's the guy who cries for fouls. I think you meant e.g. (for example).    In any case, if you don't think the U.S. has equality problems, you are willful

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I know this could offend some people here but I find two interesting sides to this debate. How do people respond to something like this?

The white guy is very articulate, probably IQ 130+.  The black guy, not so smart.  I would have a one on one with anybody in this forum.  I have intelligent answers for every  point he produces and he makes some great points.   But in the end it's not about debating, it's about finding solutions.  When a race of people have been dehumanized, how long does that take to correct?

Let me tell just a small part of my story.  I had business that I presented only to black people.  I did well.  I was talking to a white friend and I told him I could make more, but I didn't think white people would use my services.  He said he didn't think white people were prejudiced like that and wouldn't care what color I was.  He was 100% right and I went on to make a lot of money.

I grew up at a time when that was not true, but times change.  

Just now, Number9 said:

Let me tell just a small part of my story.  I had business that I presented only to black people.  I did well.  I was talking to a white friend and I told him I could make more, but I didn't think white people would use my services.  He said he didn't think white people were prejudiced like that and wouldn't care what color I was.  He was 100% right and I went on to make a lot of money.

I grew up at a time when that was not true, but times change.  

We literally just had the first black president for almost a decade, uh yeah times have changed

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We literally just had the first black president for almost a decade, uh yeah times have changed

Could you make a response and articulate it into more than this one line?  What is your point for saying what you posted.  Fill in some kind of thoughts to improve the conversation and guide it to a higher place.  My comments are about something that happened almost 40 years ago.

13 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The white guy is very articulate, probably IQ 130+.  The black guy, not so smart.  I would have a one on one with anybody in this forum.  I have intelligent answers for every  point he produces and he makes some great points.   But in the end it's not about debating, it's about finding solutions.  When a race of people have been dehumanized, how long does that take to correct?

Shapiro is a very bright guy. Which is why it's important, I think, to hear what he has to say. I'm just curious what people think because he has a few of these and a website and he makes some pretty convincing arguments.  I honestly don't know where to stand on this issue personally.

Treat people with kindness and not cruelty. I can get down with that. I think we all can. I think we all want to live in a world where our kids are better off than we are, and so I hope everyone here achieves that. It's how that is actually accomplished and what the facts concerning white privilege are that I think there is a divide. 

Just my two cents. Not trying to start an argument and not taking a side other than I'm against racism and in favor of facts, I think we could all try to be a little kinder to each other, and I concede I'm not nearly as smart on this subject as others.

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Could you make a response and articulate it into more than this one line?  What is your point for saying what you posted.  Fill in some kind of thoughts to improve the conversation and guide it to a higher place.  My comments are about something that happened almost 40 years ago.

Ill add one more sentence. Stop living in the past.

2 hours ago, nine said:

If that's the case, then probably gonna be a while.

I doubt anyone will find a coach or GM who will voluntarily sign up for the inevitable media frenzy and constant distractions that would result from signing   Kaepernick.  Hell, just offering him a tryout would result in a massive furor.

And by the same token...I doubt any NFL owner will offer up his billion-dollar-plus franchise as the the platform and vehicle for Kaepernick's political agenda. 

I really think these owners are passing on an absolute PR coup destined to expand one of the team's fan base considerably.  Other than your Breitbart/Fox News coverage, most media outlets would be singing the franchise's praises for stepping out on a limb and "doing the right thing".  Trump will whine on the Twitter but, really, is that a bad thing considering his approval ratings?

But, alas, we're talking about a bunch of old, rich, white dudes who won't want to rock the boat or risk damaging their teams' valuations.  

1 hour ago, Curtis Aloysius said:

Which sounds even sillier when you look at the scrubs being signed and losing on a constant. 

Also you dont own the Titans, so it’s not your team. You call it a distraction but it won’t be any less a distraction than what’s going on all over the league. The players are taking a stand, they aren’t just sticking to sports. Those days are over, these “distractions” are the new norm in the NFL.

I'm a fan who pays for merchandise and supports by watching the product (however good or bad) put on the field. I can actually claim them as my team. 

21 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I really think these owners are passing on an absolute PR coup destined to expand one of the team's fan base considerably.  Other than your Breitbart/Fox News coverage, most media outlets would be singing the franchise's praises for stepping out on a limb and "doing the right thing".  Trump will whine on the Twitter but, really, is that a bad thing considering his approval ratings?

But, alas, we're talking about a bunch of old, rich, white dudes who won't want to rock the boat or risk damaging their teams' valuations.  

Exactly