MIKE75

Henry Leading Titans In Rushing Through Six Games

6 hours ago, big2033 said:

To be honest. The stats posted by the OP show that's there's actually not a huge difference in production.

Which has been my biggest issue. If Murray is declining so badly ... Henry isn't exactly wiping the floor with him.

Murray has 6 more carries lol. We're talking about a 0.4 rushing average with the same carries but everybody's acknowledging that Murray is better in pass pro and pass catching.

Henry needs to prove with his early carries that he could break huge runs every time he touches the ball. Not just in the 4th quarter when defenses are gassed.

The stats above prove an even split is warranted. Nothing more.

LOL    .4 yards is a veritable shit tonne in the NFL. 

h4t   

Henry's run to get a first down just before his long run was really the game winner.  I thought we were going 3 and out but he gained the 10 yards even though they were waiting for him.  That tells me all I need to know about him.  When he doesn't dance, he can really get the yards needed.

12 minutes ago, h4t said:

Henry's run to get a first down just before his long run was really the game winner.  I thought we were going 3 and out but he gained the 10 yards even though they were waiting for him.  That tells me all I need to know about him.  When he doesn't dance, he can really get the yards needed.

That's the frustrating part. The talent is clearly there.

titantez   

Watching Henry's highlights, there is no question that he runs stronger with more carries.

I don't think he is no where near as effective with early carries as he is once he gets to a certain number, so the way they are using him does not catter to his strength.JMO..... 

I've been lobbying for a more balanced share of carries since last year. Granted Henry had to improve in pass pro but a shared load will increase their longevity and will benefit BOTH backs.

7 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

We have TWO pretty good running backs guys. It's okay.

I know. It's crazy how everyone wants to reduce Murray to nothing and give Henry 30 touches a game.

17 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I know. It's crazy how everyone wants to reduce Murray to nothing and give Henry 30 touches a game.

Hey now that's simply not true, people have been saying he should be in every other 3rd down or so!

big2033   
2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Because people can't resist the urge to have that one star. I understand the feeling. I too, want Henry to become a marquee big back in the league. Like Eddie George before him.

But he has to earn it. And not only is it tough to dethrone an established, all-pro vet, but every time Henry makes a jump, Murray has countered. 

20 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The days of the bell cow workhorse RB are over. Murray and Henry compliment each other perfectly.

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

every time Henry makes a jump, Murray has countered. 

That's the thing that people are failing to acknowledge... I was right on the Murray has to go train week 1 which was being conducted by Oman I guess. The problem is, most people who jumped on after that atrocious week are so gung-ho on standing their ground that majority of this site fails to see the reasonable middle-ground.

Murray obviously isn't the RB he was last year for the most part, but the fact that he still looks like more than a competent complete back is good enough for him to have a large role. Henry has looked much better than last year (and preseason) but IMO has underwhelmed relative to board expectations/perception

Soxcat   
3 hours ago, titanruss said:

LOL    .4 yards is a veritable shit tonne in the NFL. 

LOL it is a shit tonne if we are looking at a 10 year career.  Doesn't mean much right now.  Both runners have a nice average so far but both also have a long TD run that kicks that up a notch.  Most teams would take a back like Murray and his 4.6 YPC without a question. 

I like both of them.  I think Murray is a real good inside runner and if his hammy is fully healed can also break outside occasionally.  Henry can be a devastating inside runner if he just takes what the defense gives him instead of trying to bounce around.  But he does have a unique ability to get outside for a big guy.

I really think they are both similar overall but Murray hasn't been fully healthy so until he is healthy the nod goes to Henry..

Check the averages at the end of the season when they both have close to 200 carries and then if the difference is 0.4 it might mean something.