Henry Leading Titans In Rushing Through Six Games

MIKE75

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest. The stats posted by the OP show that's there's actually not a huge difference in production.   Which has been my biggest issue. If Murray is declining so badly ... Henry isn't

Based on what we've seen, I think the running game as a whole is more effective when the carries are split fairly evenly.     The increased use of Murray and Henry in the passing game is hug

We have TWO pretty good running backs guys. It's okay.

6 hours ago, big2033 said:

To be honest. The stats posted by the OP show that's there's actually not a huge difference in production.

Which has been my biggest issue. If Murray is declining so badly ... Henry isn't exactly wiping the floor with him.

Murray has 6 more carries lol. We're talking about a 0.4 rushing average with the same carries but everybody's acknowledging that Murray is better in pass pro and pass catching.

Henry needs to prove with his early carries that he could break huge runs every time he touches the ball. Not just in the 4th quarter when defenses are gassed.

The stats above prove an even split is warranted. Nothing more.

LOL    .4 yards is a veritable shit tonne in the NFL. 

Henry's run to get a first down just before his long run was really the game winner.  I thought we were going 3 and out but he gained the 10 yards even though they were waiting for him.  That tells me all I need to know about him.  When he doesn't dance, he can really get the yards needed.

12 minutes ago, h4t said:

Henry's run to get a first down just before his long run was really the game winner.  I thought we were going 3 and out but he gained the 10 yards even though they were waiting for him.  That tells me all I need to know about him.  When he doesn't dance, he can really get the yards needed.

That's the frustrating part. The talent is clearly there.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I know. It's crazy how everyone wants to reduce Murray to nothing and give Henry 30 touches a game.

Because people can't resist the urge to have that one star. I understand the feeling. I too, want Henry to become a marquee big back in the league. Like Eddie George before him.

But he has to earn it. And not only is it tough to dethrone an established, all-pro vet, but every time Henry makes a jump, Murray has countered. 

20 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I know. It's crazy how everyone wants to reduce Murray to nothing and give Henry 30 touches a game.

The days of the bell cow workhorse RB are over. Murray and Henry compliment each other perfectly.

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

every time Henry makes a jump, Murray has countered. 

That's the thing that people are failing to acknowledge... I was right on the Murray has to go train week 1 which was being conducted by Oman I guess. The problem is, most people who jumped on after that atrocious week are so gung-ho on standing their ground that majority of this site fails to see the reasonable middle-ground.

Murray obviously isn't the RB he was last year for the most part, but the fact that he still looks like more than a competent complete back is good enough for him to have a large role. Henry has looked much better than last year (and preseason) but IMO has underwhelmed relative to board expectations/perception

The Titans don't have two good backs. Henry is a liability in pass protection and inconsistent running the ball. Murray whether injured or just washed up unable to heal from injuries is a shell of himself. 

It's not about Henry being an all pro 1600 yard rusher, it's about him being less of a liability than Murray. Henry also has a ton of upside and can improve the areas he struggles at. 

I'd say it's pretty significant that Henry leads the team in rushing 1/3rd through the season

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The Titans don't have two good backs. Henry is a liability in pass protection and inconsistent running the ball. Murray whether injured or just washed up unable to heal from injuries is a shell of himself. 

It's not about Henry being an all pro 1600 yard rusher, it's about him being less of a liability than Murray. Henry also has a ton of upside and can improve the areas he struggles at. 

I'd say it's pretty significant that Henry leads the team in rushing 1/3rd through the season

Henry would probably be great as a protector after a game or two of actually getting full reps. 

In and out disrupts concentration and flow.