Henry Leading Titans In Rushing Through Six Games

MIKE75

Demarco Murray isn't the same as he has been hampered with hamstring issues not sure how he will be going forward but it could be time to reverse the ball distribution and give Derrick Henry the majority of carries and let Murray come in later to wear defenses down.

I think our running game can be really good if the coaches pay attention and realize that Murray can still be effective but keep him from wearing down too much by giving Henry the majority of carries.

After all Henry is much younger,has way more tread and at this point the better running back. Murray has over 1,100 carries the last 4 years including 400 carries in 2014 with Dallas.

The surprising thing though is after six weeks Henry is leading the Titans in rushing yardage although Murray has more carries.

Henry has 62 carries for 318 yards with a 5 yard rushing average and 2 TD's.

Murray has 68 carries for 313 yards with a 4.6 rushing average and 2 TD's

Henry is looking good with his 5 yard rushing average.

What impressed me though is on one of the last plays of the Colts game for once instead of letting the foot off the gas we stomped firmly into the ground the punk ass bitches with the horseshoe up their ass as Henry ran 72 yards for a TD putting any chance of a comeback completely out of reach.

All year Murray has started every game but at some point Henry needs to get the nod.  He has earned it.

Jax might have Fournette but we got someone just as good of not better in Henry.

Down below look at the yards after contact for Henry and then Murray.  Big difference.....

Pro Football Focus‏ @PFF Oct 16

Best RB duo in the NFL?

DMT7xjBX0AU-G4p.jpg

Edited by MIKE75

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest. The stats posted by the OP show that's there's actually not a huge difference in production.   Which has been my biggest issue. If Murray is declining so badly ... Henry isn't

Based on what we've seen, I think the running game as a whole is more effective when the carries are split fairly evenly.     The increased use of Murray and Henry in the passing game is hug

We have TWO pretty good running backs guys. It's okay.

The balance they had Monday night was a lot better than it’s been all season. Murray is actually a better goal to go runner than Henry at this point. You could tell he still had some burst late game because Henry had been in the timeshare. He’s still a very valuable back, I just hope the staff sees he is no longer the bell cow, which leaves him pretty useless by the third quarter. 50-50 time share from here on out. 

I love Henry but I don't want to push Murray out the door just yet. That said, I'd like to draft a 3rd down back type this year because if Murray declines by the same amount over this off-season he won't be starter quality anymore.

I'd love to see them start Henry and then bring Murray in as the game wears on and defenses get tired. In the third and fourth quarter with a fresh Murray grinding defenses down.

26 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I love Henry but I don't want to push Murray out the door just yet. That said, I'd like to draft a 3rd down back type this year because if Murray declines by the same amount over this off-season he won't be starter quality anymore.

It was nice seeing Murray with some big catches Monday night. For all the talk about Murray vs Henry, and if Murray is declining or just hurt, etc, it's been overlooked that he hasn't made nearly the plays he made last year in the passing game. He was a legit threat threat last year, and not just to dump it off, he runs legit downfield routes.

Im telling you, it doesn't look like Oakland is doing it with him, but I think Cordarrelle Patterson could be a lethal 3rd down back, I always thought RB was his natural position, like Montgomery in GB.

But  I agree with you, a 3rd down back would really help this offense. Along with TB, Indy, and Carolina, we run a real Coryell, Norv Turner type offense. If you look back at the great Coryell offenses they always heavily featured backs in the receiving game. Priest Holmes in KC was a monster receiver,  LT in SD, Marshall Faulk with Martz in StL, but that wasn't really a pure Coryell offense. Anyway, the deep drops & vertical routes open up ALOT of space for RB's to pick up chunks of yards. I was always amazed watching SD with Norv Turner, and how often Rivers would hang in the pocket forever & then finally dump it off to LT for 15-20 yard gains.

Apparently Henry has looked good as a receiver in practice, hopefully

we see him get a few looks.

Based on what we've seen, I think the running game as a whole is more effective when the carries are split fairly evenly.  

The increased use of Murray and Henry in the passing game is huge, IMO.   As I mentioned in a thread last week...over the first five games, Murray and Henry combined  for only eleven receptions...barely two pass receptions per game and averaging about 5 yards per catch.  They were rarely targeted...and when they were, it was poorly implemented.  

As we saw last year, both Murray and Henry are very reliable, sure-handed targets.   Murray has shown that he can make plays as a downfield target and Henry has a knack for making the first defender miss and generating extra yards.  They were frequent targets last last year;  unfortunately, the Colts game was the first time we've seen them utilized in a similar manner..but it had a definite impact.  

Last year, the RB position's production in the passing game was comparable to that of a solid #2-3 WR.  I don't have a clue why Mularkey/Roboskie got away from it over the first few games...but I'm very glad to see it coming back.

57 minutes ago, Face said:

It was nice seeing Murray with some big catches Monday night. For all the talk about Murray vs Henry, and if Murray is declining or just hurt, etc, it's been overlooked that he hasn't made nearly the plays he made last year in the passing game. He was a legit threat threat last year, and not just to dump it off, he runs legit downfield routes.

Im telling you, it doesn't look like Oakland is doing it with him, but I think Cordarrelle Patterson could be a lethal 3rd down back, I always thought RB was his natural position, like Montgomery in GB.

But  I agree with you, a 3rd down back would really help this offense. Along with TB, Indy, and Carolina, we run a real Coryell, Norv Turner type offense. If you look back at the great Coryell offenses they always heavily featured backs in the receiving game. Priest Holmes in KC was a monster receiver,  LT in SD, Marshall Faulk with Martz in StL, but that wasn't really a pure Coryell offense. Anyway, the deep drops & vertical routes open up ALOT of space for RB's to pick up chunks of yards. I was always amazed watching SD with Norv Turner, and how often Rivers would hang in the pocket forever & then finally dump it off to LT for 15-20 yard gains.

This is definitely one of the huge advantages of our offense, which it’s been strange we haven’t used it. There was a play in the Colts game in the early 4th I believe where MM dropped back, cycled, and then checked down to Henry for an easy 10 yard gain for a first. It’s been frustrating watching our offense not use that advantage, but hopefully after Monday they get back to it. 

47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Murray is more effective than Henry.......

According to oldschool 

Henry leaves a lot of yards on the field. Remind me what his average was Monday before the last run? Great toss runner but struggles to press the hole between the tackles. As for Murray hes clearly still hurt but is playing through it because he knows Henry is on his heels. Only a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Henry leaves a lot of yards on the field. Remind me what his average was Monday before the last run? Great toss runner but struggles to press the hole between the tackles. As for Murray hes clearly still hurt but is playing through it because he knows Henry is on his heels. Only a matter of time.

The counter before the Walker jet sweep was depressing. All Henry had to do was lower his shoulder and it’s an easy 6. Instead he for some reason gets up a full head of steam and proceeds to try and juke an undersized safety who was essentially at a standstill. If he can’t make those runs in the future he’s a bum regardless of what else he does. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

3 hours ago, Face said:

I think Henry catches the ball pretty well for a running back, but Murray can catch the ball like a receiver.

Edited by japan

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The counter before the Walker jet sweep was depressing. All Henry had to do was lower his shoulder and it’s an easy 6. Instead he for some reason gets up a full head of steam and proceeds to try and juke an undersized safety who was essentially at a standstill. If he can’t make those runs in the future he’s a bum regardless of what else he does. 

Yeah I agree with that. He's a big back that doesn't run big sometimes. He need to explode through guys. He breaks arm tackles and stiff arms well. But if you line up on him he's going down.. you'll get run over and he'll get two more yards, but he's going down.