Thoughts from Inside Nissan Stadium

Titanstattoo25

Not sure we had any sacks minus the intentional grounding. 

Very little pressure on Brissett against a truly awful Oline. 

Moncrief dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass. 

Rush defense was also awful. 

Avery Williamson shouldn’t be resigned. He still cannot cover to save his life. Thank goodness he forced the fumble. Brown looked great in coverage again thankfully. 

The Delanie sweep worked perfectly one time for a TD. Can we please now forget that play?  Why Delanie had like 2 handoffs tonight is beyond me. This staff really tries to get too cute at times. 

So still several things to be very very concerned about. 

However there were several great things as well. Marcus with a very McNair like performance while being hurt. Minus the INT he was freaking deadly. 

Decker finally showed up. 

Matthews is always reliable. 

I actually thought the run game wasn’t very good overall. The Henry run was awesome and inflated the stats but wasn’t great. 

Loudest crowd at times that I remember in years at some points. 

Thank god we have an extremely accurate kicker. This reminded me of the 8 field goal game vs Houston Bironas had for a while. 

If Cassel had played we get BLOWN OUT. 

1 minute ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

If Cassel had played we get BLOWN OUT. 

What's the threshold for a blowout? Just trying to imagine we score zero and the defense gives up 16... how many pick 6's from Cassel would it take to register as a blow out? Just the one or would it take more than 22?

4 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

What's the threshold for a blowout? Just trying to imagine we score zero and the defense gives up 16... how many pick 6's from Cassel would it take to register as a blow out? Just the one or would it take more than 22?

I think if Cassel played we wouldn’t have had several of those long FG drives. Less time for the D to rest which would have led to giving up more points (they had 22 as is, not sure where 16 came from). Marcus couldn’t move but he moved around the pocket with great feel an anticipation. Also excellent touch on several passes.

Cassel would’ve had none of that. 

Didn’t we have an 8ish minute drive at one point?   I don’t care to get in some big argument or anything but if you take away Mariota and his clutch-ass throws to move down the field Drive after drive, it’s a whole different game.  

4 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Didn’t we have an 8ish minute drive at one point?   I don’t care to get in some big argument or anything but if you take away Mariota and his clutch-ass throws to move down the field Drive after drive, it’s a whole different game.  

Yeah, the TD drive was that one.  15 plays, 87 yards.

9 minutes ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

they had 22 as is, not sure where 16 came from

The defense gave up 16. Marcus gave up 6.

15 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

... how many pick 6's from Cassel would it take to register as a blow out? Just the one or...

Not really sure what you want from the defense but you seem pretty disappointed by a unit that only gave up 16 points. Unless you're disappointed they let Marcus throw that interception?

8 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

The defense gave up 16. Marcus gave up 6.

Not really sure what you want from the defense.

Brain fart on the pick 6. 

Again the defense was bad in first half great in second. They also caught a break in that they had an easy touchdown pass dropped. 

I do want the defense to not give up 7/8/9 yards on first and 10 numerous times throughout a game. 

Keep in mind this is all against a backup QB that recently was a third string QB. Now he is very talented but he’s still a backup. 

Im saying if Cassel had played it would’ve been worse bc they would’ve been on the field for much longer. We dominated TOP. That wouldn’t have been the case with Cassel. Cassel is good for numerous sacks and typically at least one turnover a game. 

You’re welcome to disagree. 

6 hours ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

Im saying if Cassel had played it would’ve been worse bc they would’ve been on the field for much longer. We dominated TOP. That wouldn’t have been the case with Cassel. Cassel is good for numerous sacks and typically at least one turnover a game. 

I don't. Cassel is a bum and had no business being on this roster.

I do disagree with the generally negative takes (you're not alone) on the defense overall today.

12 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I don't. Cassel is a bum and had no business being on this roster.

I do disagree with the generally negative takes (your not alone) on the defense overall today.

I thought it was up and down. Obviously first half was much worse. Giving up huge rushing yardage on first down was crushing. 

Also generating little to no pressure on a bad line was very frustrating. Many times Brissett had literally 5/6/7 seconds. Coverage just isn’t gonna hold up that long. 

I was extremely happy to see big half time adjustments that changed the game and ended up winning it. 

I am rewatching the game on DVR now but I’m shocked they didn’t overturn the Brisset 4th and 1. It looked to me that he reached and got it. Was worried they were on the way to tying. Luckily that wasn’t the case. 

16 minutes ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

I thought it was up and down. Obviously first half was much worse. Giving up huge rushing yardage on first down was crushing. 

Also generating little to no pressure on a bad line was very frustrating. Many times Brissett had literally 5/6/7 seconds. Coverage just isn’t gonna hold up that long. 

I was extremely happy to see big half time adjustments that changed the game and ended up winning it. 

I am rewatching the game on DVR now but I’m shocked they didn’t overturn the Brisset 4th and 1. It looked to me that he reached and got it. Was worried they were on the way to tying. Luckily that wasn’t the case. 

I thought so too but Gruden said that it's when he crosses out of bounds so if that is true then the spot was good.

3 hours ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

Not sure we had any sacks minus the intentional grounding. 

Very little pressure on Brissett against a truly awful Oline. 

In the 2nd half they pressured Brisset relentlessly, he was hit several times. They were sending the house play after play. 

6 hours ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

If Cassel played of course we lose. ANYONE who thinks we have a chance to win with Cassel as our backup is probably part of a small very minute section of the fanbase as in less than one percent......

Archived