Leave Marcus in the pocket

headhunter

Just now, scine09 said:

Hopefully Davis does the right thing and just goes to sleep at a decent hour and isn't up partying or something like that.

It would be awful if that was happening.  We have a hell of a lot riding on him.  Fournette is the Jax offense and our number one hasn't played a full game.  JRob seems to have a feel for getting the right character guys, hope he hit it right this time.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I knew there was going to be a thread like this. THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!! Did anybody see the stat they showed? We run on average 3.5 designed runs. 3.5. The only difference in the offense tonight is th

I like our running plays but our passing ones are terrible. Tonite he had to stay in the pocket and run a more traditonal passing offense and he was so much better, evensome wrs showed up like Decker.

According to the board this is the first time he's been a "pocket passer", and it's only because he was hurt. 

Posted Images

Just now, Number9 said:

It would be awful if that was happening.  We have a hell of a lot riding on him.  Fournette is the Jax offense and our number one hasn't played a full game.  JRob seems to have a feel for getting the right character guys, hope he hit it right this time.

You clearly didn't catch where I was going.

Our Titans need to play a complete game from start to finish against a top flight contender, consistently regardless of Mariota in or out of the pocket. Let's not forget the Houston game, which was the worse loss since 2009 against the Patriots. The kid can play ball, no doubt about that, using his legs and arm. The inconsistency however, on both sides of the ball need to be corrected in order to win a much tougher AFC South this year. 

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Hopefully Davis does the right thing and just goes to sleep at a decent hour and isn't up partying or something like that.

10 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Mariota was great.  Decker had a great game.  We were hurt and Mariota had to change his game, legs gone he sneaked a key 1st down which is not typical.  My guy Taywan gets free, wide open for a huge TD.  The RBs caught five balls for 60 yards.  Not much from our TEs, but it shows we have other targets.

What will it be like when Marriott and Davis get together?  People rag on the coaching/JRob, but Davis hasn't been available.  We haven't really seen what the 2017 Titans were supposed to look like.  Any ideas about Davis coming back, or if he would be in shape to play full games at this point in the season.

Mularkey sounded desperate when talking about when Davis was coming back.

I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s going to be for (safety Johnathan) Cyprien,” who will miss a fifth consecutive game with a hamstring injury, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said. “I can’t say that about Corey, because we could use his help. When he’s healthy, we’re going to get him in there. We’re not going to – the extra week would be great, but if he’s healthy, we’re going to go with him.”

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Mularkey sounded desperate when talking about when Davis was coming back.

I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s going to be for (safety Johnathan) Cyprien,” who will miss a fifth consecutive game with a hamstring injury, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said. “I can’t say that about Corey, because we could use his help. When he’s healthy, we’re going to get him in there. We’re not going to – the extra week would be great, but if he’s healthy, we’re going to go with him.”

I was making a joke to Number9 about the fact that he asked what would happen when "Marriott and Davis get together."

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

No I don't like jet sweeps to a tight end.  I don't give a damn what it sets up.

Instead of doing that how about a run up the middle or a playaction fake?  And then the next drive the same thing.  Instead of 10 points you're likely looking at 14.

Personally I like the jet sweep with a TE. He has two options...run around them or through them. Unlike a lightweight WR.

5 hours ago, scine09 said:

Fine.  The playcall was still terrible and against a better team may have cost them.

They got too cute at least 3 times that I saw.  There is no need to run the wild cat.  There is no need for the play we're talking about.  Running the shovel pass a second time was ridiculous.  And that doesn't even take into account the awful call to pitch to Henry on the short side of the field on 3rd and short.

The pitch to Henry was mind boggling. 

I was shocked how’s much they passed. They kept dropping MM back and he was carving them out

he was deadly accurate last night. 

Decker finally showed up though he did have two big drops on third down one of which was likely a touchdown. 

1 minute ago, Kyle021 said:

I was shocked how’s much they passed. They kept dropping MM back and he was carving them out

he was deadly accurate last night. 

Decker finally showed up though he did have two big drops on third down one of which was likely a touchdown. 

That's the thing.  If you look at all 9 of Mariota's incompletions, every one can be explained.  There were no flat out misses.  There were the 2 that you referenced to Decker.  The INT that wouldn't have been an INT if Murray had blocked.  A tipped ball.  A throwaway.  2 tough low % throws, one to Walker in the end zone and one to Taylor down the right sideline that didn't work.  A ball to Taylor that he should have caught.  The long throw over Walker that Mariota was hoping for the penalty on.  And then the miss in the end zone later in the game to Walker.  You could argue that maybe the final Walker one was a poor throw but it didn't look like he had much wriggle room.