Big win

OILERMAN

22 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It is baffling to me how this "slow and old" crew is so bad at producing in the first half but can scheme so well against the opposition that's actually presented itself on the field in seemingly minutes.

Well predicting how a team will attack or defend you is much different from reacting once it's shown. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now Mariota is gimpy, the running game is sputtering and the defense is pretty weak. All that matters is winning games in this easy stretch of the schedule. They have things to clean up and some

As much as people have legitimate gripes with this coaching staff for a variety of reasons, one thing I don't think anyone can reasonably deny is how close Mularkey has gotten these guys to become.

Just now, reo said:

Well predicting how a team will attack or defend you is much different from reacting once it's shown. 

I get that, and the latter is what is derived from years of experience moreso than preparation over 5 days.... But you'd think they'd have gained a lot of insight over the years for both instead of just being amazing at one

1 hour ago, titantez said:

Dinger was horrible, he just had talent....The only place he could be an OC was with the Titans under Fisher, as soon as he spread his wings and went somewhere else, he was quickly fired.

He had Vince Young playing at pro bowl level. Enough said. Dinger was an excellent OC who got the most out of this offense for years when we had very little talent outside of CJ and a good line. He also forced Fisher to open up the playbook for Steve, which led to him being an MVP and top five QB for four straight seasons. Pass the pipe Tez.

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I get that, and the latter is what is derived from years of experience moreso than preparation over 5 days.... But you'd think they'd have gained a lot of insight over the years for both instead of just being amazing at one

I'd say the first is more about creativity and ingenuity where as the 2nd is about knowledge and experience... granted the 2nd may take ingenuity and creativity as well... I dunno lol

29 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He had Vince Young playing at pro bowl level.

All you need to know is Tez is one of the guys who thinks VY was held back by the staff, meaning he thinks VY was much better than that pro-bowl alternate he was given.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, titantez said:

Dinger was horrible, he just had talent....The only place he could be an OC was with the Titans under Fisher, as soon as he spread his wings and went somewhere else, he was quickly fired.

Dinger made a few UDFAs like Bennett and idiots like VY look amazing at times. Saying he just had talent is revisionist history. 

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

All you need to know is Tez is one of the guys who thinks VY was held back by the staff, meaning he thinks VY was much better than that pro-bowl alternate he was given.

I remember when he first came on board and I told him he must have access to some amazing drugs. He liked the post lol. 

3 minutes ago, titantez said:

If that's so. then he did no better than Chow, who did not have CJ and far less talent, both went one and done in the playoffs...

So go on back to the McNair days and notice there was NO superbowl under Dinger, Steve's rotator cup was ripped to pieces because Dinger, the wide receiver coach from Denver, tried to turn him into Elway, with the 7 step drop, exposing his blind side.

Not to mention he lasted one year with the Jets and was fired, from there back to Denver as a big titled WIDE RECEIVER COACH...
Now Smoke On THAT....

We had devastating losses to the Ravens and NE in those years where the game plan put in place by Fisher, as well as key bounces against us, led to the loss. That happens in the NFL, especially when your HC is conservative. 

As for Chow, he wasn’t a pimple on Dinger’s ass. 

Just now, titantez said:

BULLSHIT.....Dinger took over a team that had been to a Superbowl, with a conservative coach and OC, so that crap does not hold water and the 2nd time around he took over a playoff team, that was about to draft the most dynamic back in the league....Don't Sugarcoat it to fit your imagination.

You’re better than this. Steve McNair was an MVP under him. We had the best record in the league for four years. In 07 VY threw for 9TDs lol, and then Dinger came on and we took a broke down alcoholic a missed delay of game penalty from an AFC championship game on the road to 13-3 behind the best running attack the league has ever seen. Get your head out of your ass.

7 minutes ago, titantez said:

He inherited a very talented young team that had just went to the superbowl, the Titans could have made 2 more superbowls and McNair would have  faired better but fisher did not want to bring in someone that could possibly succeed him.....He went 13-3 riding Cj's jock and you know it, so stop the madness...

The next year, after 13-3 when teams stacked the box on CJ, like the Ravens did, he was 0-6, before a change of QB and offensive gameplan took place..

Roll the Joint... 

So, your argument in a nutshell is that we should have won a SB? Get in line honkey. That shit falls on Fisher, not Dinger. 

1 minute ago, titantez said:

Dinger went to a playoff team in New York because he seen the writing on the wall here, because he could not get us back to the superbowl, the Jets hit rock BOTTOM under his offense....Nobody else wanted him as an OC, so he went back home to Denver with his clipboard tucked between his legs UNTIL Fisher called him back several years later...So PLEASE... 

What does his time out of our offense have to do with when he was here? When he was here we were consistently better than our talent. I’m not sure why you continue to argue against this. Name a better OC we’ve had in TN.

18 minutes ago, titantez said:

Dinger went to a playoff team in New York because he seen the writing on the wall here, because he could not get us back to the superbowl, the Jets hit rock BOTTOM under his offense....Nobody else wanted him as an OC, so he went back home to Denver with his clipboard tucked between his legs UNTIL Fisher called him back several years later...So PLEASE... 

You have no idea what you're talking about.  He went to the Jets in 2005 and their QB (Pennington) got injured for the year in the third week.  And they had to start Brooks Bollinger and a 42 year old Vinny Testaverde.  Sorry but you're not winning when Brooks Bollinger is your main QB.  I don't care if you have Bill Walsh coordinating the offense.  And then the Jets traded Herman Edwards to Kansas City, got a new coach and he brought in his own people.  Which is why Heimerdinger left.

18 minutes ago, titantez said:

Read my lips, Fisher did not want someone that possibly could take his job, there lies 15 years of shit....

BTW, what's with the honkey shit, Son you got the wrong one...

Still not making much sense. Dinger was a good coach. Without the cancer he would have been our HC, rightfully so. 

To even whiff that Ribiskie is a better OC than Heimerdinger is such hugabaloo. How long has Robiskie been an OC in this league? How have his offenses been?

If you want to use the personnel excuse, sorry Charlie. We have a stacked Titans Offense, we were all talking about how awesome we were going to be all offseason. And what has all that potential led us to? 

Have their been flashes? Yes. Is it consistent? You tell me.