Big win

OILERMAN

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now Mariota is gimpy, the running game is sputtering and the defense is pretty weak. All that matters is winning games in this easy stretch of the schedule. They have things to clean up and some

As much as people have legitimate gripes with this coaching staff for a variety of reasons, one thing I don't think anyone can reasonably deny is how close Mularkey has gotten these guys to become.

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

We nearly lost to a really shitty team. 

We needed this this one and stuck it out. Good job with the lead. I feel pretty confident about this team when we are ahead late. 

Its getting there that's the issue. 

Proud of the guys.. but needing to come from behind against this team with that QB means we get curb stomped with luck in the game. 

Analystical egg heads will say  things like playing ghosts from the past don’t exist. But They do. The team was well aware of the 11 game losing streak tonight and were tight for awhile. 

Great game by MM. Still think we need a better coaching staff. Forget this exotic BS. Taylor is a receiver. Not a one-trick pony in the backfield. DLB talks to this one guy right next to him. Maybe that guy should be the DC. I dunno. But we need defense early on. Especially against relatively inexperienced QBs. Gotta give lots of credit to Gore. Ageless wonder. But we gotta stop that run. 

Good win against a team whose talent and cohesion I have no clue about. But a win is a win. I’ll take it. 

6 hours ago, Tim said:

Analystical egg heads will say  things like playing ghosts from the past don’t exist. But They do. The team was well aware of the 11 game losing streak tonight and were tight for awhile. 

Maybe. I just think mularkey is shorty at getting us ready for division games. 

32 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Maybe. I just think mularkey is shorty at getting us ready for division games. 

2-1 this year and leading the division we'll see how it unfolds 

Mariota made two throws that made me say, “Damn that was beautiful.” First one was in the 3rd. Decker ran a 10-15 yard out route to the sideline. Marcus floated it beautifully over the Colts defender right into Decker’s hands. The second was the TD throw to Taylor. The throw was great but what was better was when he felt pressure from the back and stepped up into the pocket and threw the bomb down field. Then got hit while throwing. Absolutely awesome!

I have frustration from time to time with the Run, Run, Pass....but it cannot be overstated how good of an overall game Robiskie calls. Easily the best OC we have had since we have been in TN.

LeBeau on the other hand is a constant source of frustration. I’m pleased that we actually did better in the 2nd half, but as I mentioned last night we have more defensive talent than that crap show in the first half showed. Missed tackles is on the players, but receivers running free is on the DC. I don’t believe we have the talent for a Top 5 defense, but we do have more talent than has been shown.