Houston is gonna win afc south - will win Superbowl soon

Mr.Sandman71

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a player the Texans got drafting Watson. Amazing athlete, and someone special that is going to be a wrecking force for years to come. I predict they win the Superbowl next year, and Afc South thi

Hahaha.   "You guys are fools. No one can tell how good a rookie QB will be! Oh, except me. I did it one time. But no one else. "

Jeff Fisher? What year is this?

Watson is playing like a rookie, and it's working for him. Watch how many of his TDs are actually just throwing it up there and letting his guy make a play. He's got good receivers, so it tends to work so far. He also makes baffling choices that will never work in the NFL. 

I don't mean to say that he isnt helping them win games. He is. I'm just impressed with the way the coaches are just thinking 'screw it; let him play'. Kind of wish they'd let Marcus play like that and not worry quite so much about turnovers. 

1 hour ago, smokeater said:

Steel Panther reference?  If so, pretty awesome.  

Well it was really just a "go get double-fucked" reference for the OP. I looked up Steel Panther though. I thought I was looking at some obscure 80's hair metal band until I saw the release date on one of their albums. lol

1 hour ago, Alcibiades said:

Yeah, he's playing to the kid's strengths. I'm surprised defenses haven't figured it out yet, but whatever. We didn't figure it out, and our DC is 80. So....

To be fair, offensively, they are doing some of the same things the Chiefs are doing with veteran Alex Smith.

You guys know that more of these flashing rookie qbs end up failing than not right?  I'm not saying I don't think he will be good or potentially even great but don't you think history shows we should wait until year 2 or 3 before sucking him and the Texans organization off?

I think the only poster on here to ever truely predict a great rookie qb even before he was named started was myself with Russell Wilson.  I feel like everyone's just desperately grasping at these young qbs trying to achieve my level of prognostication.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He's overrated. The scheme is hiding him. All of the misdirection and QB draw plays are leaving a ton of 1-1 coverage down field. Every time he is forced to stay in the pocket with any pressure he makes a bad pass. 

I sure as heck hope so.  It's hard to say anyone is overrated though when they're putting up the kind of numbers that he is, regardless of scheme and matchups.

If Mariota was doing this the board would need to be shut down due to traffic. 

20 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I think he is making the most of his situation which is important.  He is also running for close to 50 yards a game.  He had 5 TDs and zero ints against KC.  That is pretty impressive.

He's definitely impressive. I'm not trying to take anything away from the kid. However, when he's forced to stay in the pocket and any pressure gets to him he consistently makes bad decisions. Until he proves he can make more than 2 reads from the pocket without bailing I won't consider him a good QB. He's playing very well, but I honestly think the scheme is perfectly hiding all of his flaws. Once teams get more tape on him they will adjust, and at that point we'll see what he really is.