Rishard To Quit If Forced To Stand

Jamalisms

55 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

Interesting point. You would agree that if your employer met the criteria above you are free to take your talents and work elsewhere if you dislike that "patriotic" climate?

Fans do not come see the Owners.  There is no game without the players.  I have a right to work at a place without that requirement too.  Employees choose where they work.  That's not the case here and the comparison doesn't work.  Standing or not standing is something that must be negotiated in the CBA and the players will have a say.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe he and the boycotters can all go stand in a circle and jerk each other off in mutual loathing of the NFL.

Trump tosses red meat.  His followers fly for scraps.  Where is the wall?  What about Obamacare?  What about all those factories he was reopening?  What countries are being charged higher tariffs to s

6 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Fans do not come see the Owners.  There is no game without the players.  I have a right to work at a place without that requirement too.  Employees choose where they work.  That's not the case here and the comparison doesn't work.  Standing or not standing is something that must be negotiated in the CBA and the players will have a say.

True, how do you think that vote would go as far as the players are concerned seeing how they collect, I think, 45-49% of the NFL profit?

Edited by BaddKarma

19 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

True, how do you think that vote would go as far as the players are concerned seeing how they collect, I think, 45-49% of the NFL profit?

I understand.  No one wants to see profits drop.  My initial point was simply the First Amendment right is granted to all...not just the people we agree with.

2 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

When women accuse Trump of sexual harassment conservatives were quick to denounce them as gold diggers and liars.

When a big time Democratic donor faces similar accusations those same people are quick to denounce the man and anyone who had anything to do with him.

Also for the people who say the protesting NFL players "pout like rich millionaire pricks". I ask you this, would you respect their stance more if they were low income? Or would you blast them as lazy thugs, who need to spend less time bitching and more time getting a job?

For many Americans there's never a right time, place, or person to bring up racial inequality. They will find a way to denounce the message whatever its form because that comes easier to them than empathy or introspection.

Where were the accusations when Trump was considered a democrat? Or for that matter a tv celebrity for many years? Not until he ran as a republican did all this find it's way to daylight...curious...just kick it under the rug...

they are pouting like "rich millionaires" where have they been for a year? waiting for Trump to call them out?

For many Americans there is always the right time to call racial inequality---I don't buy that one---there are many people's lives you could live that pale to any of bs that's being thrown to the wolves these days...

Just now, thor said:

Where were the accusations when Trump was considered a democrat? Or for that matter a tv celebrity for many years? Not until he ran as a republican did all this find it's way to daylight...curious...just kick it under the rug...

Trump had been a Republican for years before the women came forward. Women are often afraid to come out with accusations for fear of the retaliation and skepticism they will face, especially from powerful men. But if you saw someone who had violated you running for President and saying things like "Nobody respects women more than I do, believe me", that wouldn't serve as a catalyst for you to come out and tell your story? 

they are pouting like "rich millionaires" where have they been for a year? waiting for Trump to call them out?

Trump called their colleagues sobs and asked for them to be fired over a harmless protest, the mass reaction from the players (and owners) was about solidarity. 

For many Americans there is always the right time to call racial inequality---I don't buy that one---there are many people's lives you could live that pale to any of bs that's being thrown to the wolves these days...

I literally can't figure out what this means.

29 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

When a big time Democratic donor faces similar accusations those same people are quick to denounce the man and anyone who had anything to do with him.

Are you kidding? Democrats had known this shit was going on---it's not like this was some hidden thing... Apparently, he was a joke around Hollywood and it didn't matter a bit until he was thrown under the bus... Are you telling me the Clinton's and Obama's had no idea about this bozo... Yet, all the other holier then thou Hollywood yahoo's did... I feel bad for the victims they don't deserve what they've gone through... But, if you think the democrats had no idea about this guy---I doubt it...

Trump had no business calling them SOB's almost everyone can agree to that... He also, imo, has no business telling someone how to run their business...That's not a position the president should open his mouth about... Like I said I believe his intentions were much more pure then some people want to believe... I don't feel this has anything to do with race and the comments are truly a respect for flag, anthem, and country... The same reason so many people are turning sour over what the NFL is allowing this message to depict...

The third comment --- there is always someone willing to cry racial inequality --- I find that to be false... People have their own demons no matter the color...