Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Now I'm hoping Embiid gets hurt

Breaking: 76ers' Joel Embiid agrees to five-year, $148M designated rookie scale max extension - Wojvia @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

You have to a dumb mother fucker to pay an injury prone player that much.

Dude is going to be out of the league in 2 years while Philly will still be on the hook. 

Dude is going to make more money on per game basis than Westbrook because he never plays. Lmao

Steep price for someone i thought they could wait a year to prove himself.    But there are some protections for the Sixers in the contract, it is not all guaranteed in case of injury.   I want to see those terms.

I guess the GM wants to keep his star happy, while still having the flexibility to get another star in free agency next year.   

5 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Dude is going to be out of the league in 2 years while Philly will still be on the hook.

No one that talented will be out of the league in two years, just look at Greg Oden.

If Philly ever gets rid of him, someone like LA will swoop in to give him another chance.

If that happens you won't be rooting for The Process to get hurt anymore, will you?

5 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

No one that talented will be out of the league in two years, just look at Greg Oden.

If Philly ever gets rid of him, someone like LA will swoop in to give him another chance.

If that happens you won't be rooting for The Process to get hurt anymore, will you?

Yes, let's do that shall we. Greg Oden was in the league for 6 years, played 3.

Embiid is in his 4th year this season? Played almost half a season. So if he continues to be injured, in 2 years, he will be Greg Oden.

Thanks for helping me make my point. And I doubt teams would be lining up to sign him if Philly let him go because of injury after signing him to that extension. Would there maybe be one or two, probably. But its most likely going to be teams that are bad two years from now that take that chance. I doubt LA would. Never know though, I guess.

10 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Steep price for someone i thought they could wait a year to prove himself.    But there are some protections for the Sixers in the contract, it is not all guaranteed in case of injury.   I want to see those terms.

I guess the GM wants to keep his star happy, while still having the flexibility to get another star in free agency next year.   

I would hope because that's a lot of money for someone who can't prove he can stay healthy.

Kyle021   
On 10/10/2017 at 4:55 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Yes, let's do that shall we. Greg Oden was in the league for 6 years, played 3.

Embiid is in his 4th year this season? Played almost half a season. So if he continues to be injured, in 2 years, he will be Greg Oden.

Thanks for helping me make my point. And I doubt teams would be lining up to sign him if Philly let him go because of injury after signing him to that extension. Would there maybe be one or two, probably. But its most likely going to be teams that are bad two years from now that take that chance. I doubt LA would. Never know though, I guess.

LA would be all over Embiid

2 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

LA would be all over Embiid

Totally disagree. You really think Philly will give up on Embiid if they don't really think he is damaged goods?

You really don't believe LA will have a big man they are comfortable with 3 or 4 years from now?

I do, because they'll need to have one if they want to compete.

Whether it's Drummond, Cousins, etc, they will have someone in place where they won't feel the need to go grab an injury prone guy the terrible 76ers didn't even want.

Highly unlikely Embiid ever dons a LA jersey.

Embiid's first game back last night.....15 minutes, 22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists.   The guy is simply awesome, and with the protections the contract was worth it.  

Now hopefully he will be able to play out the contract.....and then some.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:59 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Highly unlikely Embiid ever dons a LA jersey.

You could say the same for a most any elite player, they won't be lining up to sign with the Lakers next summer no matter how much their fans keep wishing for it. The best they can hope for would be to offer Melo a max-deal and hope he would rather make a ton of money instead of trying to get a ring.

9 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Embiid's first game back last night.....15 minutes, 22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists.   The guy is simply awesome, and with the protections the contract was worth it.  

Now hopefully he will be able to play out the contract.....and then some.

Kuzma has been better. ;) 

And two games ago, Randle went for 17, 10, and 3 in 28 minutes. Not that far off compared to someone who is considered one of the best Cs in the game when healthy. No?

On 10/12/2017 at 3:40 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Kuzma has been better. ;) 

And two games ago, Randle went for 17, 10, and 3 in 28 minutes. Not that far off compared to someone who is considered one of the best Cs in the game when healthy. No?

What has Ball done?

On 10/13/2017 at 10:01 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

What has Ball done?

He's helping his piece of shit dad sell tons of $500 shoes?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this