How weird is this?

abenjami

So i'm at the office late today.  I go down to the parking garage to get some files out of my car.  As i'm walking back towards the elevator, I find a $5 bill on the ground.

About an hour later, I go into the bathroom.  As i'm washing my hands, I find another $5 bill on the ground under the sink.

Not sure what to think.

Bring on the jokes about this helping to make up for my stock market losses...

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It doesn't make up for them but it's def out performing them

24 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I found a $100 bill on the sidewalk at Universal Studios on our honeymoon. 

This is understandable though. Now if you doing another $100 bill a few minutes later in a different part of the park...

16 hours ago, abenjami said:

So i'm at the office late today.  I go down to the parking garage to get some files out of my car.  As i'm walking back towards the elevator, I find a $5 bill on the ground.

About an hour later, I go into the bathroom.  As i'm washing my hands, I find another $5 bill on the ground under the sink.

Not sure what to think.

You are being stalked by a serial killer. There's you can do to stop him.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I know, I'm playing. Come off the sidelines and join us

I've thought about it. At this point I think I gotta wait for some kind of drop before I do it. 

8 hours ago, abenjami said:

I've thought about it. At this point I think I gotta wait for some kind of drop before I do it. 

In the original post about liquidating your portfolio I mentioned the story I heard after the great depression. There were investors waiting for the Dow(the version back then) to drop so they could get back in the market. At the time the Dow was 14. Those people are still waiting to get back in!

Another good one.

If you had the worst luck and invested a lump sum right before the great depression you'd be ahead again in only 7 years. If you did the same thing in 2008 it took a mere 2 years to get back ahead. In the grand scheme over a long period you're going to be way ahead no matter when you get in.

What is really costly is not being in. You've lost way more money by being out since you got out than you would have made had your plan been a home run

• 2 weeks later...

Archived