Ronde Barber on OJ Howard, interesting.....

Bongo59

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barber who works for the Bucs and the calls games mentioned today on radio that OJ Howard has been very slow to pick up the offense and he has been a total non factor in their Offensive planning.  Bar

I 100% wanted Howard at 18 and was shocked he wasn’t the pick.    Boy am I glad I was wrong. Adoree looks like a top 10 pick and Smith is planning like a 1st round pick.    Thats w

Posted Images

It kinda makes you wonder if OJ is one of those guys who looks great in shorts, but when the lights come on, doesn't really produce. He was mostly drafted on potential, not production. There may have been reasons why his production wasn't that good, but it makes you wonder a little bit. Looking at the Bucs forum, there are some wondering if they should've drafted Dalvin Cook instead.

FIU has quietly produced some pretty good talent. TY Hilton played there. I think Brandon Marshall did too.

TE is one of the harder positions to play in the league.  Having a former TE as a head coach, and a clone skill-wise like Walker as a mentor has probably helped Smith's transition.  I'm very impressed by his play thus far, but three games in no way foreshadows a career (for Smith or Howard), especially for rookie tight ends.  

25 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Jesus supports this message too.  

Yeah, but Jesus is truly impartial. Fwiw the scouting department that sniffed out Jonnu Smith is the same one who helped convince JRob to draft Davis at 5. And considering where both Davis and Jamal Adams played it goes to show you scouting matters.

13 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

TE is one of the harder positions to play in the league.  Having a former TE as a head coach, and a clone skill-wise like Walker as a mentor has probably helped Smith's transition.  I'm very impressed by his play thus far, but three games in no way foreshadows a career (for Smith or Howard), especially for rookie tight ends.  

I would usually agree, but I don't here. If he's healthy he's a stud. In that film breakdown they showed him blocking the Seattle DE 1 on 1. I've watched him start pancaking defenders. He's got soft hands and runs like a WR, yet can straight up block DEs from Seattle? He's the San Fran version of Delanie (we are literally using him exactly like they did). And when Walker retires he moves over to his spot. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I would usually agree, but I don't here. If he's healthy he's a stud. In that film breakdown they showed him blocking the Seattle DE 1 on 1. I've watched him start pancaking defenders. He's got soft hands and runs like a WR, yet can straight up block DEs from Seattle? He's the San Fran version of Delanie (we are literally using him exactly like they did). And when Walker retires he moves over to his spot. 

Everything but kick returner, I think you're right.