Someone help me out with the Terry Robiskie hate?

OILERMAN

20 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

defense shut down a pathetic jags offense that was basically one dimensional...we dominated the second half cause the jags turned the ball over and went backwards on their next two drives and we got a punt return that set us up at the 35 yrd line and got us our first TD...from that point on the jags quit and yes the offense began to click but the jags didn't put up much of a fight.  Great qrt and a half from the offense isn't good enough against quality teams.

I know there are some that make stupid statements on this board but recognizing that most of those 37 points were garbage points and pointing out that the offense needs to execute better especially early in the game doesn't meant that you are totally dismissing the accomplishments of the offense.

You aren't wrong, but I have no problem that it took our offense with a QB coming off injury, injured WR, vet WR coming off injury, and several rookies in key roles 6 quarters to make it click. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing since we ended up with a potential elite QB, people think the coaching staff should be focused on a high powered offense that propels him to super stardom.  A shiny, high powered offensiv

I was super pissed at the 17 yard sweep by Taylor and the TD run by Walker! Damn them!

The Titans in 2016 shoot to the top of several offensive categories. Best redzone team, best 2:00 offense, 3rd best team on 3rd down, right between NE and GB. Among the best in terms of big plays with

Posted Images

Did anyone hear Wycheck on the zone kinda go off on Maroita? He said he was gonna have to play better. He went on to praise him and act like it wasn't a big deal but I was surprised.

A few days ago the line maker on Ross Tucker's podcast said he's cooled on the Titans and his reason was Maroita's play. 

He hasnt lit it up but I've chalked it up as WR troubles and good defenses......

30 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Whatever I guess.  I'll just let you chicken little brains believe the team got lucky, the Jags quit, Mariota really sucks and so does the coaching staff, it was a fluke or whatever.  Oh, and the Jags really aren't that good anyway.  Guys like Campbell didn't give a shit from the start and let Kline dominate them.  

if that's what you think I'm trying to say than there is really no talking to you.  

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, scine09 said:

I'll follow that up with the fact that Webster deserves some credit for bringing in Walker.  For all the hate that Webster gets, the guy brought in Mariota, Lewan, Spain, Walker, Casey, Orapko, WIlliamson, Woodyard and Succop.  9 integral parts to the team.

Nine guys on a 53-man roster...seems like low standards to me...

5 minutes ago, CharrdWood said:

Nine guys on a 53-man roster...seems like low standards to me...

He's been gone for 2 years.  Of course there's going to be a lot of turnover.  And there's more than 9 guys on the roster that he brought in, it's just those 9 guys are key contributors.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

He's been gone for 2 years.  Of course there's going to be a lot of turnover.  And there's more than 9 guys on the roster that he brought in, it's just those 9 guys are key contributors.

Nine out of 53 is why he's gone.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, japan said:

I thought this article was interesting as I feel that some on this board suffer from this condition.

“Everyone looks at the box score and says ‘The offense wasn’t that bad!’ But well, they sucked,” Simms said. “Quarterbacks and coaches are now very wary of mistakes. We crucify all the quarterbacks when they make a mistake and then, when it’s third-and-12, they say ‘I’m going to live to play another day’ and throw it short.”

If feel like the OC and Mariota aren't afraid to try to pick up the 3rd and long and I like that.  2nd and 30 on Sunday and we complete and 20 yard throw to Matthews.  

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/19/16332762/watchability-fun-football-boring-quality-of-play

Thanks for posting this.  It was an interesting read, not the usual talking head BS.

The Titans have some of the best offensive minds in the league designing their offense and calling the plays. It really kills me that not only do a lot of people not enjoy it they actually think it's a weakness.

When the WRs come into their own the Titans offense will be a force

Just now, OILERMAN said:

The Titans have some of the best offensive minds in the league designing their offense and calling the plays. It really kills me that not only do a lot of people not enjoy it they actually think it's a weakness.

Hard to argue with the results. Scheming Smith open from fullback is a thing of beauty.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

It was nice to finally see some quick hits and slants thrown in there. We need those for guys like Taywan.

Provides short yardage and lots of YAC potential.

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mularkey has always had top offenses almost everywhere he's gone as an OC especially.